Is she lying?

Guest weirdjoe

Guest weirdjoe

Hi,

We applying for I-129F. Fiance say she married twice before. She say she cannot get first divorce certificate. Wants lie on form and say only married once. I afraid of this.

I ask her check 001.com but she say she don't believe them. But somebody must get divorced twice in China! And apply and success!?Anyone have experience? Help!

I don't want her lie on form. If they find out, big trouble, yes? :lol:

Hi,

We applying for I-129F. Fiance say she married twice before. She say she cannot get first divorce certificate. Wants lie on form and say only married once. I afraid of this.

I ask her check 001.com but she say she don't believe them. But somebody must get divorced twice in China! And apply and success!?Anyone have experience? Help!

I don't want her lie on form. If they find out, big trouble, yes? :)

Don't lie, Yes big trouble, but only if caught.

Hi,

I don't want her lie on form. If they find out, big trouble, yes? :)

Hello,and sorry for the problem,I had a friend that had this problem and the women could not get a divorce for some unknown reason,so although she might not be a bad person ,she starts lying now and gets away with it where does it stop,but what if you and her get caught,and in the future you meet another lady in china,you most likly will never get a visa.GOOD LUCK

Even if you get away with it now if they ever found out in the future she could be deported and permanently banned from the USA. First rule of thumb in dealing with the USCIS is NEVER EVER EVER LIE TO THEM. With enough effort I am sure that the record could be found.

Hi,

I don't want her lie on form. If they find out, big trouble, yes?   :P

A few scenarios come to mind, and only you can decide which is the right one:

1. She never recorded her first marriage and just walked away from it - no records. If so, a little bell should go off.

2. She recorded her first marriage but never legally divorced - no record of the divorce, but there should be a record of the first marriage. If so, a big bell should go off.

3. She recorded her first marriage and legally divorced but the records have been misplaced/destroyed by the government. If so, maybe there is an alternative to the notarial divorce document that the government can provide that will satisfy GZ. Hope this is the scenario.

I'm with the majority on this. It is bad advice to consider lying on any visa application.

Not to question your typing, but who is writing this post - the USC or the Chinese fiancee?

I'm just wondering how legitimate the post really is.

For instance, who would ask for advice about such a lawless intent on an open and public forum? And who would make such a mockery out of the system as to mention such a fraudulant act on an open and public forum? And furthermore, who would implicate their own fiancee in commiting such an illicit act on an open and public forum? All this for all to see. Yep, it makes me wonder.

Excuse my suspiciousness, but I smell a rat on this one!...................

I agree with tywy-99, something does not sound right. to the best of my knowlege she should be able to get the cert.

If you or her lie on any gov. forms and get caught you can just about forget getting a visa for her or for anyone else in the future.

I would be careful about that, just use 'good common sense'

Guest weirdjoe

Sorry my English. I will try harder. Last night very upset. I am naturalized USC, not Chinese. She is Chinese. Long story. Best not to say more about us. But I love her. I love her very much!

She told me Chinese government will not give her first divorce certificate!! She says they took it when she marry 2nd time. She has 2nd divorce certificate. She says she went to office, asked for notarized copy 1st divorce certificate, they say NO.

I don't understand! I don't want to accuse her. But she says to lie on form. I worry she is lying to me. When I ask her try again, try harder, she gets upset.

I come here to ask do other Chinese women divorced twice easily get two certificates? Then I know if she lie to me.

Guest weirdjoe
I'm just wondering how legitimate the post really is.

For instance, who would ask for advice about such a lawless intent on an open and public forum? And who would make such a mockery out of the system as to mention such a fraudulant act on an open and public forum? And furthermore, who would implicate their own fiancee in commiting such an illicit act on an open and public forum? All this for all to see. Yep, it makes me wonder.

Excuse my suspiciousness, but I smell a rat on this one!...................

I do not want to commit lawless act. I want to know truth.

She say "Cannot get certificate". I want to know true or false?

If someone says "yes, can get certificate" then I can tell her "must try harder please honey".

I just helped a friend complete his visa paperwork. His wife (chinese) had been divorced twice and had no trouble getting both certificates. Please keep in mind goverment offices in China in different areas have different rules. His wife's brother is also a lawyer and he accuired all the papers for her. You might check into a lawyer in china to help. Hope all goes well, Bob

Guest weirdjoe
I just helped a friend complete his visa paperwork. His wife (chinese) had been divorced twice and had no trouble getting both certificates. Please keep in mind goverment offices in China in different areas have different rules. His wife's brother is also a lawyer and he accuired all the papers for her. You might check into a lawyer in china to help. Hope all goes well, Bob

Thank you!

I'm visit her now. It's good idea. I tell her I pay for lawyer.

Maybe she didn't lie to me, maybe it is just hard.

Sorry my English. I will try harder. Last night very upset. I am naturalized USC, not Chinese. She is Chinese. Long story. Best not to say more about us. But I love her. I love her very much!

She told me Chinese government will not give her first divorce certificate!! She says they took it when she marry 2nd time. She has 2nd divorce certificate. She says she went to office, asked for notarized copy 1st divorce certificate, they say NO.

I don't understand! I don't want to accuse her. But she says to lie on form. I worry she is lying to me. When I ask her try again, try harder, she gets upset.

I come here to ask do other Chinese women divorced twice easily get two certificates? Then I know if she lie to me.

Joe,

Your english is just fine. I understand you without a problem.

There was some one else here a while back that had the same problem. And it was because, like you said, when the woman got married the second time the government took the first divorce papers and would not give them back to her. I am not sure how it worked out, maybe do a search and see if you can find it.

Please don't JUMP to conclusions and acuse you Fiancee of lieing because of a few suggestions here, that JUMPED to conclusions. The Chinese Government is about as consistant as the American Government