Got visa on 12/4 and waiting on Lan to buy the plane ticket in Nanning. I am hoping for a 12/19 arrival so we can be together for Christmas. Lan has never seen snow other than in pictures before so she will be in for a big surprise when she get's to Denver. Q - What in the next phase to conquer? What forms are next to fill out and send to whom? We need to get married asap but that is cut and dry compared to the other politics. :)

Thank's, got it. I was born in West Chester but I moved out to Colorado 8 years ago and every time I get off the plane to visit my parents I hit a brick wall of humidity and pollution. I still like it there but here is where the money is.

Dave,

I never realized it was that bad back here. Air seems pretty clean to me, and I have travelled all over this country. The summer humidity can be pretty bad. I agree with you on that. I lived in Colorado Springs for about six months. It was ok. But there are few places prettier then Chester County, Pa. Where in Colorodo do you live? What line of work took you away from West Chester and out to "where the money is?"

Good Luck on the next leg of your journey.

I live north of Denver and I am in the cabinetmaking business. We have built thousands of Starbucks and Barnes and Noble stores among other things. The air quality here is great and so is the skiing. It doesn't compare to the east coast for food and colorful abundant trees. I would be a much larger person today if I was able to indulge like I used to. The first thing I do when I go back to visit is get a cheese steak. Good luck with your process.

Thank's, got it. I was born in West Chester but I moved out to Colorado 8 years ago and every time I get off the plane to visit my parents I hit a brick wall of humidity and pollution. I still like it there but here is where the money is.

Dave,

I never realized it was that bad back here. Air seems pretty clean to me, and I have travelled all over this country. The summer humidity can be pretty bad. I agree with you on that. I lived in Colorado Springs for about six months. It was ok. But there are few places prettier then Chester County, Pa. Where in Colorodo do you live? What line of work took you away from West Chester and out to "where the money is?"

Good Luck on the next leg of your journey.

Well, the air in the North East is far worse than the new EU pollution levels allow (and WHO levels, but by US levels, we still rarely exceed the limits), at least for ozone, NOx, and particulates. However, the majority of the pollution in the north east of the US comes from power plants in western PA, OH, TN, KY, ID, NC, etc. **sigh**

You will have to teach Lan to dress in layers.

Keep a close eye on your heating bill.

I remember my visit to GZ for the Chinese New Year.

The temp was 75 and people were wearing down jackets.

My girl wore two layes and an overcoat; me just jeans and a t-shirt.

When I say I will take her camping in the Sierra Nevada

the first thing she asks me is; "is it cold"; will the bears

get me"; "will the bad people shoot me".

Better do some shopping at REI.

West Chester, near Phili?

I used to live near Harrisburg Pa when I was young, Camp Hill. Now I live in NE Ohio near Amish country and lake Erie.    

T

Camp Hill is just across the river from Harrisburg. Both are about 1 1/2 hours west of West Chester. Phila is about 45 minutes east of West Chester.

There are lots of Amish communities between West Chester and Harrisburg mostly in Lancaster County. There are lots of interesting names for some towns in the Amish communities. For instance if you travel east on Route 340 in Leacock township starting at Bird in Hand, you will then proceed to Intercourse, and by turning right you will wind up in Paradise. These are the actual names of the towns. :D