send money to the states frome china

Guest jimcope

Guest jimcope

i got an email from cui ying saying she did not know how to send money from the china to the states. i told her to i was not sure maybe wester union . or she could have her friends here from the states send it to me and i do not want to get email or calls till i get my money. does any one know how to send money from china to the states. her friends are the couple that i got to know her by. that live here in the states.

jim

i got an email from cui ying saying she did not know how to send money from the china to the states. i told her to i was not sure maybe wester union . or she could have her friends here from the states send it to me and i do not want to get email or calls till i get my money. does any one know how to send money from china to the states. her friends are the couple that i got to know her by. that live here in the states.

jim

THis has been a rather tough topic talked about on other parts of this website. I can not remember the threads exactly. However, here is a summary of the ways that I can remember:

1. go to hong kong, trade your RMB for HK$, and then ship these abroad any way that your heart is content (wire transfer, bank transfer, traveler's cheques, etc)

2. go to macao and do the same as above, but instead with patacas

3. go to thailand and do the same as above, except with bhat

4. open a business allowed to do monetary transactions (it must be a business involving both china and another country)

5. obtain a category "z" visa

6. just take the rmb with you and when you get to the US, find some students going back to china and make a 1 on 1 private transaction with them (as they can not easily trade their excess US$ into RMB upon arrival)

7. someone listed a bank in NanJing which would trade them (on a black market possibly??). Be careful, as these schemes may give you phoney money, or may be illegal

8. stand in the airport and offer to (you, the USC) trade them with incoming tourists/business people, offering a *slightly* better rate than the bank (I know in the Beijing airport, there were people doing this). Again, you may want to keep a low profile, as I think it is not legal

good luck!!

yes, she can use wester union, or she would have to go to the bank of china sending you, the service cost will be $1,100*1.1% +RMB150=$12.10+RMB150 in China.

and when the money get to US,maybe your bank will cut their service cost about 5.6%*$1,100=$61.60

i am in China,so i knew that.

of course you want to be sure the account of your bank you give her is correct.

Good luck !