Translations, Notary in Beijing

American Citizens Service Center at the Embassy in Beijing. When you go past the gates you need to go past the visa service center and make a right. It's the 1st building on the right side. Don't get stuck in line at the Visa services, they can't help you do notary.

The other advantage is the CSC will notarize what ever you need to have done for free. There is a nice American/Korean lady there named Jemma. She'll help you out.

It depends what you mean - to get notarized translations, you have to go to the Chinese office. The BJ Embassy is only notaries the US will recognize - i.e. visa paperwork. Also, as far as I'm aware they don't do translations. Your best bet is finding a good translation company.

What I mean is, when we got our marriage certificates translated and certified, it was the Chinese notary office.

Mengxin - is it really free? Their web site lists exhorbitant prices for notarization.

For scanning, prob any little shop with a computer and the equipment will do it.

Thanks for reply. Not looking at something as offical as US embassy or Chinese Notary office. Have copy of Ying's birth certificate that I would like to include as part of my I-129F submission. But it needs to be translated. I know it is not required, but trying to provide extra , to prevent a possible RFE. We have waited too long all ready.

As you say we can probably find translation shop, or go to hotel business center, but any hints or recommendatiions are welcome.

Thanks !!

Chinese notary MAY be what you need if you want it to look official. Otherwise anyone can do it ... For our I-130 application, had the marriage certificates translated and certified at a branch of this notary office...

Beijing Notary Public Office

206 Jixiangli Chaowaidajie

Chaoyang District, Beijing

Telephone: 6553-8989; 6553-8988

Working hours: 08:30-11:30; 13:30-16:30

Believe this one will also do it.

China Translation and Publication Corp.

6th Floor Wuhua Complex

A4 Chegongzhuang Dajie, Beijing

Telephone: 68002558