A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!

BTW, I forgot to thank Joseph for Knighting me.  I would use that as a classroom joke as to why I want them to call me Sir, but that would be way too confusing I think.

(The flat of the sword, the flat of the sword, not the edge!!!) :D

Owen

You have GOT to take it easy on the hard stuff OK??? LOL

You worry me since I've been back in the States :huh:

Sir Owen! Knight of the Northern Realm! Champion of Justice and Slayer of Ignorance! May you ride forth boldly with exceeding courage and the wind at your back, pursuing the cause of the weak and oppressed and rescuing fair damsels in distress. Congrats on your Knighthood and, yes, the flat edge is always easier on the shoulders! :lol:

As for the horse, I can't help you there but I'll bet you could find a 125cc scooter dirt cheap in Shenyang. :P B)

BTW, no luck getting through to DOS last night, seems the computer was down. :blink:

Sir Owen! Knight of the Northern Realm! Champion of Justice and Slayer of Ignorance! May you ride forth boldly with exceeding courage and the wind at your back, pursuing the cause of the weak and oppressed and rescuing fair damsels in distress. Congrats on your Knighthood and, yes, the flat edge is always easier on the shoulders! :blink:

As for the horse, I can't help you there but I'll bet you could find a 125cc scooter dirt cheap in Shenyang. :P  :o

BTW, no luck getting through to DOS last night, seems the computer was down. :lol:

Actually, I have had my eye on one of those Changchung motorbikes with the side-car. Knew a teacher in Dalian who had one. Either that or bring a Harley back with me. My wife already bought me a leather jacket for Christmas. Now that would attract attention! B)

Sir Owen! Knight of the Northern Realm! Champion of Justice and Slayer of Ignorance! May you ride forth boldly with exceeding courage and the wind at your back, pursuing the cause of the weak and oppressed and rescuing fair damsels in distress. Congrats on your Knighthood and, yes, the flat edge is always easier on the shoulders! :blink:

As for the horse, I can't help you there but I'll bet you could find a 125cc scooter dirt cheap in Shenyang. :P  :o

BTW, no luck getting through to DOS last night, seems the computer was down. :lol:

Actually, I have had my eye on one of those Changchung motorbikes with the side-car. Knew a teacher in Dalian who had one. Either that or bring a Harley back with me. My wife already bought me a leather jacket for Christmas. Now that would attract attention! B)

Funny you should say that Owen.

A friend just left my house to show me his new, 1995 Russian side car motorbike.

It is a Ural.

Ever heard of it?

http://www.ural.com/

He just got it today, came by to give me a ride.

It cost him about $3,000.00

Looks about the same as what I was talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese one isn't just a copy of the Russian. The Russians "administered" Northeast China after WWII. The Aeronautical Institute where I teach was originally a Russian built and run school.

From what I understand, they cost about half that much here.

Looks about the same as what I was talking about.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese one isn't just a copy of the Russian.  The Russians "administered" Northeast China after WWII.  The Aeronautical Institute where I teach was originally a Russian built and run school.

From what I understand, they cost about half that much here.

As I understand it, this Russian bike is a copy of an old BMW

Aloha from Hawaii,

I saw many horse drawn carts in Beijing. I have purchased fruits from the

back of a horse drawn cart in the Haidian district of Beijing. Go a little

north to the Changping district of Beijing you will find more horses. You

could trade a motor scooter for a horse there.

Myles aka Annakune'GG