Another rediculous denial

If they should let one fraudulent through...sayyyyyyyy....a criminal with forged papers....sayyyyyyy....a terrorist...then WE would be screaming they not doing their job right...

You make some good points.

However, with respect to above: when I was in school, I was taught that the reasons for our constitution, having a trial by jury, not being required to talk against one's self was to protect the innocent.

I was always taught, that in the US, as compared with the old UK, that they did the other perspective. That they would rather allow 100 criminals to go free than to allow 1 innocent person to rot in jail for the rest of their life.

Now, I know that this has never really been the case. But, what about all of the other people?

As it turns out, people from a bunch of nations (not China) which have a much easier time coming over here, have a much higher rate of fraud once arriving here. To mind, the Philippines, Mexico, and Thailand all come up. Why are the procedures to come here so much easier in both Mexico and Thailand than in China?

Just some more food for thought (and talking about food, I am off to go grab some)...

There are two sides to every story. Chinese ladies who spread gossip are as much of the problem as the US Consulate VO. Take what many of them say with a grain of salt.

My fiancee has a lady who has been trying to tell her that the US Embassy in Guangzhou does not allow K1 visa at all. She should just forget about trying to get the visa. Luckily, I have been able to overcome her fears and let her know this lady does not know what she is talking about.

I have to wonder if the Petitioner were present. This might be the real reason for their concern. The letters all stapled together could give the image that they have been faked. Add this to the fact that her fiancee is not present and it smells possibility. So they issue a blue slip and see how long it takes the fiancee to show up in China. If it is real, he should be there within a month or two, as soon as he can schedule a trip. If not, this issue simply goes away.

If they should let one fraudulent through...sayyyyyyyy....a criminal with forged papers....sayyyyyyy....a terrorist...then WE would be screaming they not doing their job right...

They are damned if they do...and damned if they don't.

I totally agree with this. I work in the Government, and everyone has to remember the amount of red tape involved on their end, the pressure of letting people in who are fakes, etc. Another thing to consider, if someone is out sick a few days or so.. maybe nobody is there to take up the slack, and that persons inbox keeps filling up. I have seen it at my job a lot. Forms are mailed into our institution, the counselor is out to training for a week or two, and his stuff just keeps piling up and up... Plus the threats of reduction in the workforce in the government is real, etc etc.. there are many potential reasons. Just keep your case in your prayers, and hope you fill out all forms properly.. that is what I am trying to do. :)

The more I think about it, I think that the individual people working there do not get enough support from the government. It must be tough for them.

However, it still does not excuse our terrible situation that we have. But, I will not take it out on these people anymore, unless one of them specifically does something blatantly wrong that I directly know of.

However, that said, it does not matter how good of a job you do. Someone will ALWAYS be able to fool any scheme that you have if they are good enough.

However, if you want to secure the country, the best way to do it is to STOP REQUIRING VISAS TO AMERICA. It is to stop treating others less equally because they are poor, or they are not white. It is to stop the anger and the hatred that are caused by the powerful's exploitation of the less powerful. The only reason that terrorists have any true sway is because we give it to them by pushing so many people to the point where they have little other choice...this has been known for more than 3000 years throughout history. And yet, we still repeat it... *sigh*

They are damned if they do...and damned if they don't.

Well said. The chorus of complaints against GZ gets tiring. How do any of us really know what the inner workings of the consulate are? Almost every USC that takes the time to go to the consulate, has positive things to say about the personel they encounter. The problem is not the people working at GZ. The problem is the high incidence of fraud, and the problem is in the resources that Washington allocates to the issue. How many USC here have written to their Senator or Congressperson AFTER they have finished the visa process to complain about the situation at GZ???

From my perspective, there aren't enough VO's. My wife will go home to QiQIHaer from Nanning to live until she gets her interview (the reason being she wants to be home with her mom and sisters while she's pregnant, but also to get her passport and birth certificate), then she has to travel all the way back to GZ for her interview and wait however long to get the visa.

Why don't they process K-1 and K-3 visas in more consulates? Why not Beijing, Shanghai and GZ? They would drop the work load for the VOs in GZ and spread it around. There can't possibly be that many other types of visas being processed. Spread it around, let all the consulates process all types of visas and hire a few more VOs to get the job done quicker and more efficiently. We'd get better service and more fraud would get detected.

Of course then they'll raise the cost of getting a visa to pay for the added VOs, but it would be worth it to me.

A lady posted (on 001) that she got denied because the letters from her GG are separate from the envelopes. I think this is outrageously ridiculous and totally unacceptable.

Reasons for denial:

Trafficking in Drugs

Having HIV/AIDS

Overstaying a previous visa

Practicing polygamy

Advocating the overthrow of the government

Submitting fraudulent documents

From my perspective, there aren't enough VO's.  My wife will go home to QiQIHaer from Nanning to live until she gets her interview (the reason being she wants to be home with her mom and sisters while she's pregnant, but also to get her passport and birth certificate), then she has to travel all the way back to GZ for her interview and wait however long to get the visa.

Why don't they process K-1 and K-3 visas in more consulates?  Why not Beijing, Shanghai and GZ?  They would drop the work load for the VOs in GZ and spread it around.  There can't possibly be that many other types of visas being processed.  Spread it around, let all the consulates process all types of visas and hire a few more VOs to get the job done quicker and more efficiently.  We'd get better service and more fraud would get detected.

Of course then they'll raise the cost of getting a visa to pay for the added VOs, but it would be worth it to me.

Most nations have multiple consulates to do this type of thing. Spreading it out saves money for the people using the service too. Could this be a reason not to: to try to dissuade people?

I would actually bet they could SAVE money doing something a bit similar to this. Just tell all of the non IV users of GZ to go to another consulate. If the consulate works on fewer visa types, it will be MUCH more efficient.

Good idea!!! :)

I cannot disagree that our civil servants are at mercy of our government policies and politics. There appears to be elements of prejudice and ignorance.

It seems crazy that in a country as large and populous as China that all immmigrant visas would go through GZ.

Everybody in Illinois, - write newly elected Senator Barack Obama, he might have a sensitive ear. ( His father was from Kenya, his mother from Kansas - google his name , he has a interesting life history)

Heck - write him if you do not live in Illinois

A lady posted (on 001) that she got denied because the letters from her GG are separate from the envelopes. I think this is outrageously ridiculous and totally unacceptable.

It sounds like the VO was just looking for an excuse, any excuse to deny this applicant. Kind of like an inspecting officer being upset about one fleck of dust. Why didn't the young lady know that each letter is supposed to be stapled to the envelope in which it came, and these letters arranged in order by date, and held together with a big paper clip. Anything to be presented should be made as squared away as possible. Your paperwork should be extremely clean appearing. All this kind of thing must be part of the effort to breeze through the process without causing any raised eyebrows or other irritation. I know it should not be this way, it should be more human, but that's the way it is.

Reasons for denial:

Trafficking in Drugs

Having HIV/AIDS

Overstaying a previous visa

Practicing polygamy

Advocating the overthrow of the government

Submitting fraudulent documents

Tony, Great point. I don't see the lines about not bringing your VCR tape to the interview and husband's attendance at the interview though. Still looking. :D

Black Pearl :lol: ....makes me think of Darth Vader. "Luuuuke I am your mother."

ha ha :P