Visa Timeline - Major Unfairness

I don't know but I think a lot of it is China's refusal to bow to the US's every demand....so they just make it more difficult....longer waits...just to be an aggravation to China. How many times...has the US made 'demands' on China...only to have them tell us to mind our own business. A good example is the US telling China to start to float the yuan...and China telling us....'we'll do it in our own time...and don't go blaming us for your own economic problems'. Have to laugh, bet it upsets some in our government to want to get even and put pressure on them.

I agree with mmany here...how many terrorist have come from the far east...ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL have come here from/through Europe, ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL have been middle-eastern, but yet....we leave our doors open in welcome, because of the 'relationship' that we have with these countries.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some of you remember that rant (cleverly written) from the IT guy who had to deal with the visa process and went online to try to fill out some forms??

Remember the bottom line about his complaint? He was western European, not some Mexican or Asian!! Why should he have to wait so long??? --- Like its a Birth Right that western Europeans get into America in short order.... sadly, its apparently true .... racism is alive and well in our visa process...

Guest BouncingBohemian
It is longer to bring our SO from China, because of the outdated laws about the communist threat.  

I used to think this, but I looked into the communism issue because my fiance is a communist. We were worried she would be denied because of it, and I posted here asking advice, and my fiance posted at 001.com asking for advice.

It turns out they routinely approve women who are communists. We couldn't find anyone who was permanently denied for being a communist. There were a couple of blue slips but every one we have heard about was overturned on appeal.

This makes me think that maybe communism isn't the real issue.

Isn't Spain on the list of countries that have 'visa waiver program' with the USA? ( http://travel.state.gov/visa/tempvisitors_...a_waiver.html#2 )

I believe it is. Anyway, the Spanish citizen doesn't even need a visa to come to USA. Then can just show up at the airport and have their passport stamped and are welcomed.

Just like when we go there....

This case is really not relevant as a comparison to our troubles bringing Chinese fiancee`s to USA. It's really a completely different case.

It looks like the K-1 visa for a spaniard is more like a rubber stamp.

Yes, the system is unfair and inefficient, no doubt about that.

Oh, I guess I should add my answer to the initial question by the first poster. No, this doesn't make me sick. I try not to let the success or failure of other's bother me too much since their case has essentially no relevance to mine. I do try to learn what I can from them, but it doesn't make me sick.

The only thing the wait to get a K1 for a Chinese person compares to is the wait to get one for a Russian lady. Other than that, one for a Thai lady is not slow, or a Filipina. Oh yes, Nigeria is supposed to be really bad. Some places probably have so little "business" that you could marry a lady from, say, Tahiti, and just walk in and apply and walk out the same day, I would bet. We are all just riding on the coat-tails of our grandfathers who brought home a bunch of different ladies from WWII. I hope all Candle members can get good processing times before the govt finds some reason to stop allowing marriage visas - having lived thru the Black Hole I thought we might never get visas for our ladies.

The only thing the wait to get a K1 for a Chinese person compares to is the wait to get one for a Russian lady.  Other than that, one for a Thai lady is not slow, or a Filipina.  Oh yes, Nigeria is supposed to be really bad.  Some places probably have so little "business" that you could marry a lady from, say, Tahiti, and just walk in and apply and walk out the same day, I would bet.  We are all just riding on the coat-tails of our grandfathers who brought home a bunch of different ladies from WWII.  I hope all Candle members can get good processing times before the govt finds some reason to stop allowing marriage visas - having lived thru the Black Hole I thought we might never get visas for our ladies.

I won't be surpised if China is the slowest one.

We have most people here. :) :D :huh: :P

I don't think it has anything to do with communism. I think it is a money thing and an immigrant status thing. There are tons of Chinese illegal immigrants here- as opposed to how many from Western Europe- for the most part people from those countries can come here if they want because they have the money to do so- but the desperation proved by so many illegals- the stories of people dying in containers on the way here, etc. is so great. While most people from Iraq, Iran, etc. try to get to Great Britain instead. I think marrying someone you don't love is a lot easier than riding in a container without water for however many days- and that is why they are so strict- and the large numbers of women on fiance visas- they are strict on Russia too because I think there are so many Chinese and Russian women who come to the US in this way.

Well guys I would wait even longer,,,,cause I didn't pick HuaQing , I fell in love with her,,,,,,,so let it be longer cause she is the woman I want to live with for the rest of my life.......I never met such a careing, loving girl before......anywhere.....Yea it makes me so upset cause of the waiting but I think HuaQing is worth it..........10 time over.....Oscar

I don't think it has anything to do with communism. I think it is a money thing and an immigrant status thing. There are tons of Chinese illegal immigrants here- as opposed to how many from Western Europe- for the most part people from those countries can come here if they want because they have the money to do so- but the desperation proved by so many illegals- the stories of people dying in containers on the way here, etc. is so great. While most people from Iraq, Iran, etc. try to get to Great Britain instead. I think marrying someone you don't love is a lot easier than riding in a container without water for however many days- and that is why they are so strict- and the large numbers of women on fiance visas- they are strict on Russia too because I think there are so many Chinese and Russian women who come to the US in this way.

I thought this was an issue at first too, but it can not be the sole answer:

There are more mexican illegal people in the US than Chinese and more from many of the SE asian nations too (like Thailand/Phillipeans/etc.)

but, then I heard a story that really made me flip:

A friend of mine, on a J1 visa, was able to get a J2 for his wife (both are multiple entry visas, good for 5 years) into the US with only a 5 week wait. And, they are from INDIA (another poor country that a K1 takes forever from). Why is it that if we were a non-citizen, that the process would be so fast???