Cleared name checks.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with these people?! They acknowledge that your pick-up letter is ready, but they are holding it with others to send as a group?! What else are they going to think of to continue to delay these visa pick-ups?! Why on God's green earth are they holding these instead of just sending them out?!

Let's see...What would be the worst possible time for people to receive their pick-up letter? Oh, yes right before the start of the Spring Holiday! Hold on to those letters fellows, we will mail them next week!

Is somebody giving seminars in anti-customer service? If they are not, they should. They could make a fortune doing training for the Department of State.

Probably a good thing that it is impossible to get through on the GZ phones right now.

Guest Yang and Ling

This morning I called the DOS and spoke with Leshan. After asking me the date of my fiancee's birthday, she told me that the DOS had received positive information on my fiancee and that her namecheck was approved. Then she said "Congratulations, I am happy to give you this information, especially on a Friday!"

1st NOA: 05/06/2002

Interview: 12/05/2002

Resubmitted: 12/02/2002

Resubmitted: 01/04/2003

Cleared: 01/14/2003

Yang and Ling :rolleyes: :o :blink: :o

Houston/Shanghai

What is it with these people?!  They acknowledge that your pick-up letter is ready, but they are holding it with others to send as a group?!  What else are they going to think of to continue to delay these visa pick-ups?!  Why on God's green earth are they holding these instead of just sending them out?!

Let's see...What would be the worst possible time for people to receive their pick-up letter?  Oh, yes right before the start of the Spring Holiday!  Hold on to those letters fellows, we will mail them next week!

Is somebody giving seminars in anti-customer service?  If they are not, they should.  They could make a fortune doing training for the Department of State.

Probably a good thing that it is impossible to get through on the GZ phones right now.

yeah im kinda in a pressed for time situation too im going to deploy SOOON and the situation was explained briefly. they just said to wait they will send them "very soon" and said that faxing the pick-up letter is imposible and cant notify us any other way. Do ya really think they would turn you down if you showed up to pick-up the visa without a piece of paper?

What is it with these people?!  They acknowledge that your pick-up letter is ready, but they are holding it with others to send as a group?!  What else are they going to think of to continue to delay these visa pick-ups?!  Why on God's green earth are they holding these instead of just sending them out?!

Let's see...What would be the worst possible time for people to receive their pick-up letter?  Oh, yes right before the start of the Spring Holiday!  Hold on to those letters fellows, we will mail them next week!

Is somebody giving seminars in anti-customer service?  If they are not, they should.  They could make a fortune doing training for the Department of State.

yeah im kinda in a pressed for time situation too im going to deploy SOOON and the situation was explained briefly. they just said to wait they will send them "very soon" and said that faxing the pick-up letter is imposible and cant notify us any other way. Do ya really think they would turn you down if you showed up to pick-up the visa without a piece of paper?

Bulk mail is cheaper, maybe GZ wants to reduce cost :huh: :huh:

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind, but I'm unpinning this topic now.  I think this is the longest we've ever left a topic pinned, and I wanted to give other topics a chance to be seen at the forefront as people post to them.

Thanks,

P.J.

PJ.. Keep it pinned.. I think 2 pinned's are OK... IMHO. Unless you want to pin my Top10's :unsure: and "borrowed" top10....

Then again, who wants to laugh after 6 months right???? Well, I do ! That's all I've got left.....

Yes, I believe they would deny the visa issuance because you did not have the pick up letter. For one they are not supposed to let a Chinese National into the consulate without proof that they have legitimate business there.

The consulate at Shenyang looks like a fortress now. The PSB has it heavily guarded from the outside and will not allow people to que up on that side of the street.