Called DOS Today

I called DOS today to see if there was any news. "Your wife is in que for an interview". I asked how long, reply was "two to three months".

As I've seen here on Candle the P4 could show up any day. It just gets depressing to hear the SOS out of the DOS.

One of these days I'll learn to not call someone who is not as knowledgeable as you folks here on Candle.

I just wish someone could really get their crap together, I wished I could get a 'ball park' answer to a given question sent to GZ...

Once before I emailed asking about P3, they said it was in process, she had it next day! Why they just couldn't say that 'it's in the mail' is beyond me. 'In the process' could mean many....many places...

If so many applications are already cleared....right now....a stack of them just sitting there, all clearences done...and just waiting for a notice to be sent out...they know within a given amount how many they have been processing over a given amount of time...and yet they can't say....'well, not fore seeing any problems developing, our best estimate would be the end of Jan...beginning of Feb.' And have it somewhere near believable...

We are like dectectives......given little bits of info from a lot of different sources and we try and paint the big picture...

I just goit this from GZ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello...

P3 was returned to GZ and entered into the GZ computer on July 30th, Calling DOS has confirmed all checks have been completed. By the end of this month (Nov) it will have been 4 months since P3 was returned. Can any information on a date for interview be expected soon?

Thank you....

Date: 11/11/04 22:02:57

To:

Subject: RE:

Case can be scheduled in a few months.

IV Section

I called DOS today to see if there was any news. "Your wife is in que for an interview". I asked how long, reply was "two to three months".

As I've seen here on Candle the P4 could show up any day. It just gets depressing to hear the SOS out of the DOS.

One of these days I'll learn to not call someone who is not as knowledgeable as you folks here on Candle.

Basically if you realize that the 'kind folks' on the other end of the phone at the DoS aren't any more knowledgeable than any of us about the processing at GZ, then you can better grasp that the only reason worth while calling the DoS is to get them to answer a simple question: "is there is an interview date scheduled yet?"

This is really about the only value they can offer us because they are stateside and they really don't have any idea what is going on at GZ. Their guess is as good as ours, or should I say: our guess is as good as their's.

In all seriousness, try not to be tempted into asking them "when...?", or "why...?". Rather just focus on asking the 'kind folks' on the other end of the phone to look in their computer and see if a date has been entered yet for your case. If the answer they give you is 'No', then call back again next week. If the answer is 'Yes', then you know that your SO should receive her package shortly. If she does not, then you have the knowledge of knowing that you need to follow up with GZ (not DoS).

:D

Yeah:

I called this evening also, they told me our application was in que for the next round of interviews, and that the note on our case was , it can be done in two or three months. So don't worry that is the same message they have been telling me for 5 months now...I worried about this message also till I talked to a fellow CFL member , he told me he call dos on evening ,they told him the same thing,,,his SO got the p4 the next day.

Maybe this will be your and my case, we hope so, but actually you may have your interview before me even though you returned your p3 before us....it all hinges in when your name checks are completed and the officer that handles your case,,if he or she is slow or fast....Just be patient like all of us. and you are right,,we probably know more about the process than anyone at the DOS .

Keep the Faith,,,,,,,,,,,Oscar & HuaQing

This looks like the July p3 thread so I guess I'll add my 2cents since our p3 was also in July. After seeing all the recent p4's being recieved a while ago I was also courious on our petition.

Called dos on my lunch break only to find out I should said my dos break. I was put on hold almost my entire break. Hoping for somewhat of a good response. When I finally got connected with a person after hearing the infamous recording for the no telling how many times. I was informed that there servers were down and they can't look up anything. All I got out of that was the callers opinion which was just wait.

My last email to GUZ (11.9.04) got about as informative as the call to dos. Knowing this from past email I'd try anyway since a simple email doesn't take long. Well in the response I got "Please be advised that the interview date for your fiance has not been set.

Please wait. " followed by the rest of the default junk.

I'll shoot them another email each week from now on and maybe an attempt to dos on the phone.

Well, the good news is that in the past month, GZ went from sending out late May P3s to sending out a good part of the July P3s. That should put most of you July P3'ers still waiting, near the top of the pile. I would guess most of you should get Jan appts. I empathize with your feelings. We watched this summer as the P4s slowed to a trickle. It is an anxiety filled time. Hang in there, your day is coming soon!