ANOTHER PASSED INTERVIEW

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats !!

I have a question for you -- I have operated my own business for 7 years. Up untill I realized the I-134 / I834 requirements I have been keeping ALL my income in my company -- and paying myself virturaly nothing. For 2003 I was able to file a 1040 high enough to cover the income requirements ...

For 2002 and 2001 -- my personal tax is to low .. but my corporate tax it just fine.

I also enlisted the aid of co-sponsors incase my corprate stuff was not accepted...

Did you give your 1040 AND 1120 for every year?

WE are doing a K1 -- we are in the "scheduled to be scheduled for P4 stage" our p3 was recieved by GZ on Aug 4 2004 and apparently second name check was ok according to DOS.

also-- Did you give 3 yrs of tax returns or only 1 year of tax returns...

Many thanks..

hope to hear from you soon

Dale

-- real email is dalede@datatweak.com

Thanks again...

Cosmic lobster-

Ok, Dukes it is, I will be waiting to hear when your fiancé arrives. Anyone else within driving distance is also welcome to join.

Dale, regarding your question:

My position was a bit different from yours, as I had employee tax returns for 2001/2002.

I believe that the VO is primarily interested in your level of personal income, which they considered to be 'liquid' income, not the income that your business generates and pays this bills with, although that is still a good thing to show them I feel.

I gave the past three years of income (1040 for the first 2 and 1120 for last year). Frankly, my company has not turned much of a profit, so technically I have no personal income.

With that said, at the last minute I decided to get a cosponsor just in case there was a problem, as I did not want to give the VO any reason to deny the case.

As I said in my original posting, the VO was very keen on this point during my fiancé's interview and grilled her about my current income. She tried to explain that I now have a fledgling business and showed my company documents, website, etc.....for all intents and purposes he cut her off and asked "So, does he have any income now or not?"

She said 'No', then proceeded to inform him of my cosponsor and looked at those documents.

I would suggest you give copies of all your company info to your fiancé along with tax returns for the company (regardless of revenue) and prep your fiancé to explain and give the I134 (with all supporting documents) to the VO.

You have probably guessed that to some degree the interview and requirements for passing are not an exact science, so if you cover all your bases you should come out with flying colors.

Hope this helps,

California (Vaughn) :lol: