Kai is on his way!

I remember reading a report of people who have passed through customs with a K1/K3 recently (sorry I can not remember the site). For SFO, the average wait time was about 2 hours in total. However, many of these people were reporting from before 2001 and since then the wait times have generally increased. I know that this does not help much, but I hope at least a little!

Taz, congratulation! Glad to know Kai will be here in a few days. :D

From what I heard, Kai should go through the "new immigrates line" which is at the far left hand side when he reaches the custom. The very 1st line from the left is for flight crews; the second line is for new immigrates.

Short term parking at SFO is $1 every 12 min or $5/hr. Hope that helps.

I am living not far from SFO, please let me know if you need any help at all.

I haven't post anything for a while because there is no more internet connection at home, it makes me feel guilty that I haven't contribute anything for the past month, yet I try not to spent too much time on CFL during working hours. :P

Best regards to you and all CFL members.

stan

You mentioned driving down to SFO 6 hrs.  Sounds like you must be in the Eureka area.  How about coming north about 6 hrs to the get together Dec 19th?
That is precisely where I am...great deductive reasoning skills! :P I would love to participate in the get together, but it depends on cash flow.  Thanks for the invite! :D

Taz,

I heard that the Green Tortoise is supposed to be the best way to get from the SF Area up to Portland. It is supposed to be cheap (one site says $49 for SF to Portland by the Tortoise). I believe it also stops in Eureka. It should provide an excellent introduction to the USA for Kai ;)

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting lost on the "official" website:

http://www.greentortoise.com

Maybe they have dropped their North-South trips.

Have Fun,

Clifford