I just called DOS. This time i was told GZ had just completed background

check (today, Oct 27) on my fiancee's case. This answer is totally different

from what i got in last few calls, in which i was told my fiancee was

ready to be scheduled for an interview.

I am wondering which date is used in GZ system for scheduling an

interview, p3 registration date or background clearance date, or

neither. At least the DOS lady told me "not necessarily based on

p3 registration date".

Supposedly interviews are scheduled by order of the date they become eligible for interview. Usually when P-3 is received and entered into the system. There are x amount of interviews per month and when they are used up the remaining P-3s are scheduled for the next available slot. This is why it is important to get your P-3 returned to GZ as quickly as possible. Even a delay of a few days can add another month to your timeline. As an example mikem's wife received her P-3 the same day my wife did. She sent hers in 5 days before Bing and they got a March 8th interveiw date. Bing's was April 13.

I'm not sure. When Bing and I went throught he process all the securtiy checks were done at NVC. Now it appears they may be doing additional checks in GZ. This process is continually changing which I think is part of the reason for the ever present backlogs. I would have to presume that eligible for interview would mean when all security checks are finished.

I talked to DOS (USA telephone 202-663-1225) today about my case.

The person said that my fiancee` was 'eligible for interview'. I asked if the namechecks were complete and she said 'yes, the namechecks are complete'.

I don't know if 'eligibility' depends on 'namecheck'. It seems logical to me that it should, but I don't know the official rules/policy.

After getting the # from our good friend Gene, I called DOS on 10-18-04 and asked if the name checks and background checks had been done yet for my wife KeKe. The woman said that they had been done in July. My next question to her was when will her interview date be scheduled. She then told me to figure about five months from the completion of those checks. She said that was about all that she could tell me.We are still waiting patiently and hoping to hear something soon.

Best of luck,

Lenny

Nowadays...according to GZ...everyone gets sent for a 2nd name check (not just the unlucky few like my Yaya). You will not be eligible for an interview date until that name check is completed. So, unfortunately, P4 clock starts ticking upon return on the name check, not the P3. If it was the P3, then we would have our darned interview over with by now. :angry:

I talked to DOS (USA telephone 202-663-1225) today about my case.

The person said that my fiancee` was 'eligible for interview'.  I asked if the namechecks were complete and she said 'yes, the namechecks are complete'.

I don't know if 'eligibility' depends on 'namecheck'. It seems logical to me that it should, but I don't know the official rules/policy.

I had the same response on 10-26-2004 when calling DOS. "All name checks complete and awaiting for interview date. DOS claimed they could not give me date of name check completion or what month an interview might take place.

At least I got though after 4 consistant emails to GZ over the past 1.5 months with no response.

Hi "yuanfen42",

I don't really think any of us can give you an accurate answer, or if one could, it would not be accurate for very long (unfortunately)..

I just called DoS yesterday on our case and they told me specifically that the interview schedule date was based on "the date they show the P3 received" in their computer. For us, we sent our P3 on July 23rd and the White Swan confirmed they recieved our P3 on July 26th, however, the DoS computer system shows the P3 "received" date as August 2nd.

In despair, I questioned the DoS person with whom I was speaking and she explicitily quoted that my interview would be based on the August 2nd date, and not the July 26th date. She said that it would likely be scheduled for the end of December or beginning of January. This of course goes completely against my previous call one week prior.

The week before when I called the DoS, they said that it was noted in their computer system on September 24th that "my fiancee's interview would be in three months from the September 24th date" (quote-unquote).

The bottom line in my opinion is that the DoS representatives that we speak with when we call the 1-202-663-1225 number don't have any better idea than we do when our interviews will be scheduled.

As for what GZ responds to emails and inquiries by congressmen/women and senators, it seems to be random and typically very vague, if in fact they answer the question at all.

I'm trying not to be cynical, but rather I am pointing out the facts so people do not get their hopes up too high or get discouraged by something from DoS that might be misleading or inconsistent.

Personally I'd like to think that the new staff at GZ are diligently prioritizing everyone's case by some rational and realistic sense of values.

:( -jim

I called DOS yesterday to see if they had any idea of when our interview would be (just for fun and just in case they are keeping a record of how many times we inquire). This lady would not even confirm that the name checks were done, even though last time I called them, that lady said they were done last month. I will call again next week just to see what that lady says . . .

I also sent an e mail to GZ with the subject "When will we get our appointment letter" I also asked 2 other questions. All I got was a canned response the next day saying:

"Based on our current schedule we will schedule the applicant for an interview in a few months."

Hoopefully next month I will get the canned response, sometime in Jan or Feb

We shall see . . . . .