I-134 related questions

I have two questions regarding to I-134. I would appreciate it much if u could shed some lights on them:

1. Can (or should) your 401k/ira be accounted/listed as

part of your total assets?

2. I prepare my tax return every year with taxcut on my PC. Do i

need to notarize/certify the copy i print off PC? Or i have to get

an official copy, if so, where can i get it?

Thanks in advance,

Wade

Yes the IRS has a web site, just do a search for IRS it will come up. There will be a 800 number to call and they will send you your transcripts for the years requested at no charge. It took about a month to get mine. A transcript is not a copy of the original, but shows the record of your taxes for that year.

The IRS phone number to order your tax transcripts is: 1-800-829-1040

You say that you use TaxCut. When you had printed them out, did it print out on a regular 1040 form? Did you sign that form? Do you have the copy of that signed 1040 that your TaxCut software printed out? If the answers are "yes", then obviously you don't need to order transcripts from IRS. BUT, if you don't have a *signed* (and dated) copy of your original printout, then you are better off with transcripts.

When I did my taxes, I downloaded the 1040 PDF from IRS website, used adobe acrobat to fill them. Then I printed them out and signed them. Had no problem with my I-134.

As long as you make 125% of the federal poverty guidellines showing your assests isn't necessary.

Carl is right....and please understand the KISS principle is always in effect with any government entity. If you meet the 125% poverty level requirement with your income alone, then leave assets out of the picture. Any good immigration lawyer will tell you that the fastest and cleanest route will always be the one not complicated by unnecessary and often bulky paperwork. Save it for the I-864 where you will really need it....or, maybe not.

As I look at more and more posts, I clearly see a undertone of stress and raw nerves that seems to be soothed by adding superfluous materials. The stress and raw nerves are acceptable, the latter isn't...it just adds to the confusion and an consular officer or USCIS employee trying to cut through the muck.

If I sound harsh, please forgive me. I truly do understand what drives us to do some things that we do (I am also guilty of this). Give the information requested and just leave it at that. Who knows, if you add extra stuff, even that may raise a flag somewhere.

I wish all great luck and incredible speed.

Dave :angry:

The section on the I-134 and the I-864 for assets are for people who may not have enough taxable income to qualify but have sufficient assets. If your w-2s and tax returns show you made 125% of the federal poverty guidlelines you need not fill out those sections for either form.

Hello all,

The best thing to do is to call the IRS directly. I called then this morning (Thursday). I had forgotten the SSN of my ex-wife, which I needed for my 2001 tax return. She called it up on her computer, asked me some questions to verify my identity, and said she could print it up and send it to me. When I asked her if she can get my returns for 2002 and 2003, she said it would be no problem. I should have them in a week or so.

just an idea.....

Carl