a letter to Harty from 001 JMs

Guest jennifer_lam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer,

I could make all sorts of changes in grammer and/or structure, but my advice is to use the letter the way it is written.  Currently it sounds real and heartfelt.  Nobody with any sense is going to expect you to compose a letter perfectly in a second language unless you have had considerable time living in the language to polish your skills.

What is most important is that it communicates your feelings effectively.  Use it like it is.  It will work better than something that one of us devises.

You said it ALL right here Owen!! PIN THIS REPLY! (your Owen)

This is wonderful writing.

What you have written is what my Lynn has been saying to me. She must sit home and wait. It rains and the snow flies day in day out. I want to hold her and comfort her. All I can say is I Love You, Little One. I am sorry that you have to wait. Her voice is getting tired and she waits with the courage of the faithfull wife. Love needs to be fed,and I hunger for my beloved never knowing when I will be able to have her near me. Your words are the purest truth.Except for what Robert has said, send it as it is. The light

must shine,and in doing so we all may all see the end of this time of darkness.

In her hometown my Lynn was hit by a motorcycle while riding her bike from

home.She was thrown to the ground and hurt pretty bad. Her hand was nearly broken and she could have been killed. If the worst had happened I may have never known. I tremble at the thought of my precious one in pain. She is fine,and has recovered,but I will never forget.

Guest Yang and Ling

Jennifer,

Through your transliteration of Chinese to English, you have articulated a powerful message, fraught with poignant imagery and visceral emotion.

In other words, your message really touched my heart and even made my eyes swell with a tear. Because it is genuine and unlike anything else that someone could have penned in "proper" English. If you make any changes at all, I would only recommend that they be very minor, such as, adjusting the date.

Thank you for your heartfelt words and valiant effort. You have done a terrific job!

Yang & Ling :rolleyes:

Houston/Shanghai

Guest jennifer_lam

Thanks again for GGs' suggestions.

but I would like to tell u all again it was Janean not me wrote such a touching letter. Let's say thanks to her!

what I do is collect the names and send it out. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for GGs' suggestions.

but I would like to tell u all again it was Janean not me wrote such a touching letter. Let's say thanks to her!

what I do is collect the names and send it out.  :)

Well, then please make sure that Janean knows how much we are all impressed by this letter. I really hope that you will send it in its original form, with only correcting one or two very small things. And you are doing a good job, Jennifer, by doing the work on the computer of communicating with us and collecting the names.

Why do you ask other girls' birthday?

Birthday is someone's top secret personal information. You should not ask it!!!

If someone already told you, please keep them extremely well in top secret location.

If criminals gets someone's personal information, they can harm someone and later harm American GG (girls' husbands).

Please be careful!!!!

You are a young woman, you can not understand all these!

Guest jennifer_lam

If someone already told you, please keep them extremely well in top secret location.

If criminals gets someone's personal information, they can harm someone and later harm American GG (girls' husbands).

Please be careful!!!!

Thanks for ur suggustion. JMs will be careful next time. I think Janean who wrote this touching letter and asked for JM's birthday because they asked for our birthday when we checked about our case status.

I promise that I will keep JMs' data as secret. I will send the letter out tomorrow.

Please be careful!!!!

Thanks for ur suggustion. JMs will be careful next time. I think Janean who wrote this touching letter and asked for JM's birthday because they asked for our birthday when we checked about our case status.

I promise that I will keep JMs' data as secret. I will send the letter out tomorrow.

Jennifer.

Good job on this. I sent you Yuhui's stuff already.

And Frankly, I don't think that a birthdate is that big of a state secret if you ask me .. :-)

Mine is Oct 7 kids ! Don't forget ! :lol: