Got the visa!!!

Hi All,

My fiancee got her visa yesterday!!! It's been almost exactly 1 year after submitting the petitition.

I was there for the interview and sat outside in that Friendship Garden that runs down the middle of Shamian Island. Worried. Played Gameboy. Worried some more. Went to a little Internet cafe called Blenz that's on Shamian. Couldn't get onto Candle from there. I opened a yahoo.com.cn email account, since it's MUCH faster than the regular yahoo.com accounts here. If it's a .cn account, it goes to servers in China instead of the US.

By the way here is a tip for everyone: transparent bags aren't necessarily allowed. I went to Wallyworld and bought two competely transparent backpacks (you know, the ones that are trendy these days because of increased security). You can see right through them. These still were not permitted.

She brought in a TON of evidence. Photos, all our emails (which was 2 huge binders worth), phone logs, everything. Someone else there for an interview commented afterward "hey you're the girl with all that STUFF".

In the end, the VO asked very few questions. How did you meet? How many times has he visited you? What sort of work does he do? She looked at like 1 page of pictures. Didn't look through any of our other stuff.

I'm really tired now. It's been a long trip. But ... we FINALLY GOT OUR VISA so I am happy!!!

:D :D :P :P

P.J.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the congrats and well wishes. :D

Hmm, other observations:

* Immunizations: we had to go back AFTER getting the white slip. They wouldn't do it otherwise. Think this is new procedure, at least for the place we went to (the one listed on the sheet in Shamian). According to the consulate, these need to be done before leaving China. So build in extra time after interview for immunizations. Only takes about 2 hours or so.

More to come as it comes to mind.

P.J.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the congrats and well wishes.   :D

Hmm, other observations:

* Immunizations: we had to go back AFTER getting the white slip.  They wouldn't do it otherwise.  Think this is new procedure, at least for the place we went to (the one listed on the sheet in Shamian).  According to the consulate, these need to be done before leaving China.  So build in extra time after interview for immunizations.  Only takes about 2 hours or so.

More to come as it comes to mind.

P.J.

Great news PJ!!!!!!!

This is a twist because vacinations are not required for K-1 until AOS. Still its better to get them there since it is much cheaper.