A candle member has died.

A man named Don who's handle here I believe was Tekie died last night while away from home on a business trip. I don't have many details yet but I guess the maid found him in his room this morning. His wife had her interview in GZ a couple of days before Bing did and was also from Nanning. I believe her AOS interview was to be this month. The question now is how does she go about AOS on her own now? I have no idea what kind of shape he left her in financially. He left her with two sons from a previous marriage. I have no idea how to advise her. Anyone out there know what to do?

Guest enight

sorry to hear the sad news...

she can apply for perment green card directly. she will get 2 results... 1. get perment greencard. 2. rejected then she has to go back to China.

I barely knew him. Only talked to him on the phone a few times. Bing and his wife are good friends though. As far as I know she has no family in the US. She wants to stay here. I don't know where his boys' mother is. All I know about her is she is from Taiwan. I do know he has a brother in Ashland Oregon because he mentioned maybe coming to see us when he came to visit him.

How does she go about filing AOSwithout him?

Can she collect surviors benefits from Social Security?

The poor woman doesn't even know where her passport is. He was rather controlling and has it locked away somewhere. She has no idea what to do and I am clueless as to tell her where to begin.

I know this is not a subject anyone wants to talk about with their new wife, or recently arrived spouse. But maybe this is something that should be discussed early. Where are all the necessary papers if one dies, who to contact, what agencies might help in a time of need. Also think about updating a will and insurance at work and home. I think being open about the fact that a fatal accident could happen would bring peace of mind to you and your spouse.

My MM just had a good friend killed in China, by a man who is crazy and admitted to killing other women. He did not think he would be caught. I would pay for the bullet to execute him, because of the grief he has caused. But unexpected things do happen.

Preparation is vital to insuring your loved ones continued well being.

Dave