Better Guess on # of applications

We had some discussions in the last couple weeks about number of visa applications. Someone posted on visajourney the meaning of the NVC case number (ex. GUZ2004700400).

GUZ means this is from the batch of numbers assigned to visa applications that will be processed in Guangzhou. The interesting part is that the last 3 digits refer to the number of the application for that day for that embassy.

So the above number ends in 400, meaning that this is the 400th application assigned a number for Guangzhou on day 2004700.

My case number ends in 300 something. So at least on Aug 18th, they assigned over 300 applications for visas from China a case number.

PF

There seem to be a lot of gaps between those numbers, though. When I tried to check the case status of the files near mine, I got back error messages.

The BCIS site does have statistics on the number of k1 from various countries, it would be interesting if someone plowed through it and found them (the site is not the most user friendly). I checked it once a long time ago, I think either Russia or China was #1...

The visa information is published. It is a document called "2002 Yearbook of Immigration Statistics". It's published by Homeland Security, office of immigration statistics.

I found it on a BCIS website somewhere, but I don't remember the site :ph34r:

Ok, I googled it....

look here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/s...IMM2002list.htm

The 2002 book is the current edition, and there were 2252 fiancee` visas issued. This DOES NOT include Hong Kong, but there isn't a separate line for Taiwan, so it probably does include them. That means that less than 2252 fiancee visas were issued in Guangzhou in 2002. I think that's about five per workday.

"There seem to be a lot of gaps between those numbers, though. When I tried to check the case status of the files near mine, I got back error messages. "

---------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a site to check you case status?

Thanks

Dean Hall posted a chrystal-clear explanation of the numeric dating system in GZ several months ago, and even as clear as his explenation was --- ( his posts are are ALWAYS clear an to the point) --- it still required a sharp mind on caffene to follow ....

...don't suppose thats what State intended... ~?? :unsure: :huh:

Ok, found the numbers...

stats

for 2003, the top 4 countries, combining immigrant and nonimmigrant:

K1.........K3.........Spouse (immigrant visa)

All countries..........28,295..........15,734..........184,741

Philippines..............3,311............1,744..........10,424

Vietnam..................3,819...............607............6,245

China......................2,198............1,030............6,922

Mexico ...................1,128............2,013..........42,990

So a total of about 10,000 people bringing over chinese spouses or fiance(e)s. I'm not quite clear on the "immigrant" visa type. Is that all CR1? Do those all go thru gz?

This is my take on GUZ #'s

We got ours almost half way through the year and we are 7021XX.

Looks to me like the first 7 is an indicator for an immigrant visa, and that we were the 2,1XX petition filed in 2004. This would be about 4200+ petitions filed per year, or about 350 per month, or about 12 per day.

So if you got your GUZ # on Feb 1st, it should be around 700350.

Mar 1 = 700700

Apr 1 = 701050

May 1 = 701400

June 1 = 701750

July 1 = 702100

Can anyone confirm that their GUZ # falls within these ranges?

This will also help us in that we can know based on this:

It they are giving more than 12 interviews a day, they are catching up.

If not, they are falling more behind . . . . .