Anyone flying Chicago to Beijing on Jan 23

Tim,

We'll pass each other in the night.......Actually, i'll be at the Beijing Airport around noonish on the 8th.

Brian

wow. hopefully you can meet each other at the airport and have a talk for real

--hi, I'm bbridges

--hi, i'm TimD

--nice to meet you

--nice to meet you, too

--bye

--bye

well, at least you talk in person, for real, face to face, cool :D

Though I am looking forward to this trip the only anxiety I am going through right now is landing in Beijing and getting around the airport. Going through customs and then getting my luggage. My wife tells me that she has to wait for me "outside" the airport and I will see her after I get my luggage. I will just look for "western" people and follow them and hope I don't get lost :rolleyes:

Though I am looking forward to this trip the only anxiety I am going through right now is landing in Beijing and getting around the airport. Going through customs and then getting my luggage. My wife tells me that she has to wait for me "outside" the airport and I will see her after I get my luggage. I will just look for "western" people and follow them and hope I don't get lost :rolleyes:

There are many people working at the Beijing airport that speak some english that will help. Its no problem

Guest bbridges51

Tim,

Don't worry about it. The way the process you, there's only one way to go....You'll end up passing through a gauntlet of people at the exit, some waiting for loved ones and some pitching very expensive taxis. MOst likely, she'll be there, but there are counters with English speaking help.

I'll be passing through there again, on February 8th, but not before a new stopover in Soeul. NOw, that will cause me some anxiety.

Brian

Guest Xiao Hong
Though I am looking forward to this trip the only anxiety I am going through right now is landing in Beijing and getting around the airport. Going through customs and then getting my luggage. My wife tells me that she has to wait for me "outside" the airport and I will see her after I get my luggage. I will just look for "western" people and follow them and hope I don't get lost :P

I think your wife is correct. Just follow the people so you won't got lost. It's not that hard even though you will by your own, but you will be alright. :blink:

Agree with everyone. Been to Beijing twice now and never had problems following signs or asking questions of workers there...all have enough knowledge of English to get by.

Also been expanded and is new and clean (most, if I recall). Relax Tim, and have a safe trip. Wish I were joining you, <_< Then again, I continue to be optimistic the end is near.