I checked out fly china and it was about 500 cheaper, what american airline carrier would you have as they did not list this , but it would be China Air for the flight over, are they safe? did you read the news in Hawaii today they buzzed a highrise has anyone flown with them, I have only flown China Southern

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after taking my printouts with me to the travel agents in town only one sounded like they may be able to get me a lower fare to Hong Kong. I am hoping so. :) I guess next time i will book my flights a little bit more in advance. :) I had also checked on Flights to GZ and the Lady at FlyChina said that they are unable to get a ticket for the dates I specified. <sigh>

Phil

Well, after taking my printouts with me to the travel agents in town only one sounded like they may be able to get me a lower fare to Hong Kong. I am hoping so.  :D I guess next time i will book my flights a little bit more in advance.  :lol: I had also checked on Flights to GZ and the Lady at FlyChina said that they are unable to get a ticket for the dates I specified. <sigh>

Phil

I am flying to Hong Kong on 01/22/03 from Houston via Newark on Continental. I won't discuss the price though. As I am 6' 5", there is no way I am traveling in economy for 16 hours. My only point is that for some us, the price isn't so important. In my case, I used miles to upgrade to Business Class. I realize that not all can do that . Luckily, I was able to do so.

I am taking a train or bus to Shenzhen after arriviing in Hong Kong. As I recall, there are also buses and trains to GZ from Hong Kong. I think you might be better off to fly into Hong Kong than GZ. When I looked in flights into Shenzhen, they were more expensive and there was a layover in Beijing.

I am flying to Hong Kong on 01/22/03 from Houston via Newark on Continental. I won't discuss the price though. As I am 6' 5", there is no way I am traveling in economy for 16 hours. My only point is that for some us, the price isn't so important. In my case, I used miles to upgrade to Business Class. I realize that not all can do that . Luckily, I was able to do so.

I am taking a train or bus to Shenzhen after arriviing in Hong Kong. As I recall, there are also buses and trains to GZ from Hong Kong.  I think you  might be better off to fly into Hong Kong than GZ. When I looked in flights into Shenzhen, they were more expensive and there was a layover in Beijing.

I know there are layovers. The main thing I am concerned about is making sure I am on the bus to GZ by 7pm. I take GoGo Bus. It's the easiest for me because I do not need to do much. <get on and off the bus a few times is all>

Phil

As luck would have it (or dumb luck I guess, I have no clue) I got an E-mail from FlyChina.com stating that they have a flight I can take at 808 including tax! This is quite incredible since it goes straight to GZ! Only problem is that the flight goes into South Korea! :) I am a little nervous about that, but as long as I don't draw attention to myself, I think I will be fine. :D I will be a stealthfull as a Ninja! :D Now to get clearance from the Lao Po. <G>

Phil

Guest bbridges51

I"ve tried FlyChina before, but found them to be frustrating. first enter the flight you hope to get, and then wait a day until they email back saying it's not available. Hmmmm...a day lost and a day closer to higher fares.

While i've exclusively used Orbitz for my three flights, it looks like (from reading it here) that the best bet is to research online first, and then take your information to a travel agent. While Orbitz carries many flights, they don't carry all of them, so an agent should be able to beat them.

Brian

I just did a search on cheapfare.com for Boston to HK (flexible time) but it said it wasn't available to do the search. :o

hey Tony, are you going to transfer plane in HK?

... have heard there is a great place to do shopping :blink:

I just did a search on cheapfare.com for Boston to HK (flexible time) but it said it wasn't available to do the search. :lol:

hey Tony, are you going to transfer plane in HK?

... have heard there is a great place to do shopping :)

Enight,

I know the HK airport is a nice place to shop if you have a long stopover. I had a 6 hours stop-over last time waiting for my plane to Nanning. I may hop a train to GZ or Shenzhen then take a flight to Nanning (cheaper).

I just got a notice of the airfares actually reducing in price. That is unusual for this season.

Travelocity Fare Watcher, your personal airfare tracking

service, has found fare changes in 2 of your

markets.

If you're still planning to travel, we recommend that you

check out available flights ASAP. Fares change quickly and

sell out fast.

FARES

* SHE-LAX FROM: Shenyang, China (SHE)

TO: Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

PRICE: NEW PRICE WAS DIFFERENCE

--------- ------- ----------

$685.00 $857.00 $172.00