about inviting Chinese parents travel to USA

Guest meierhong

Guest meierhong

Does anyone have experience or know how to invite Chinese parents come to USA and visit you?Im being USA about 15 months, really miss my mom .I realize My Mom is becoming old so that I want her take a trip here and see this beautiful country even once .How can I do for her visiting ?thanks in advance.

I am also looking into that procedure to get my mom over here for a visit. Here is what you can do.

1.Send your mom an invitation letter. She needs to bring it to local office to get her passport, including envelope, with your address and stamp on it.

2.Go to any BCIS webiste, check on B1 visa.

3. Download forms and fill out for your mom ( leaving the signature blank) if she does not read English.

4. YOu may also want to send her proof of your income in the U.S., financial statement if you are the sponsor for her trip to the U.S.

5. SHe also needs proof that she will not overstay in the U.S. eg, work, property, family ties and ect)

6. Once she has her passport and everything ready, she can go to the relavant U.S. consulate or embassy for interview. ( i am not sure if she has to call to make app. or she can just walk in)

PS. where do you live in the U.S.? I live in LA. I wish i were able to see the running rivers and greens and red leaves here.

• 11 months later...

When Maura Harty was in Beijing on her last trip, she said that more visas would be issued to Chinese. It seems to me that in order to do that, regulations would have to be relaxed. It seems the opposite has happened. The last time my mother in law applied, the VO would not even look at her supporting documents.

The in-laws were going to take a trip to Australia but he went to the travel agent yesterday and was told that it was extremely difficult to get a visa. The same story as here - visa over stayers. The agent had sent to group to Australia and only one person returned.

what ever happened to "let each be judged by it's own merits?"