Jsut raed tihs on 001

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a

wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be

in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed

it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey

lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh

Not so amazing JP. It is simple Gestalt closure, natural to all humans. Gestalt psychology and learning theory was all the rage in the late 60's. In order to make sense of our world we 'fill in the blanks' without needing belabored thinking time. It is very important from a survival standpoint to be able to make rapid and accurate judgments in the absence of all the facts and clues. The more evolved the species or particular individual part of the species, the faster and more reliably they can do this. This my young friend is why people is people and rocks is only rocks.

Fritz Pearls.. I think figure ground relationships was also part of that.

We learned this and other issues of perception, in Art. If you look closely at modern art you will see many painters working on these formal issues.

Perspective had been worked out many centuries before, now space and solidity were the issues. Picasso and his cubism worked out on canvas the idea of many visual impression gather and than interrogated into a coherent whole. Suerat with his pointillist painting was a precursor to the idea of the blending of very small areas of color to produce again a whole coherent image. (Also the concept of a color TV and Printing)

Josh Albers worked with large fields of color upon color and showed the interrelationship of color on color and it physiological effect on perception

These were all intuative ways of saying what others have written of and said and as such reflect the ideas and concerns of a time and culture.

Now lets jump over to my Fav.. C.G. Jung... :D

So in the end being perceptive doesn't have to mean only in the cognitive sense.. we know the world in many ways.. what about kinetic sense.. and your ability to fly?

Now this looks like a promising topic and Trigg and others I'm sure would have alot to say on this..

Mark and Bea

Did you hear that wooosshhhh?

That was reality as we know it flying right past me .. . .. . . . hehehe

ACTUALLY, I watch Japanese and Korean dramas every day with subtitles, and foreign subtitled movies from many countries when I can find the time. Even though I don't speak the language and the titles are often marginal in content, you can still get a great insight from the attitudes, gestures, tone of voice and situation of the characters. Your mind will fill in the blanks of the void left by the subtitles (especially when someone speaks 20 or 30 words and the subtitle says "no")!!!