My wife and I got yellow sheeted! Told that "We require additional time to process your application. We will advise you when to return to the consulate." This is after being blue-sheeted for lack of a VHS tape (we provided) and a notarized copy of my passport (when I sent her into the interview with my actual passport). The folks in citizen services were nice enough to make notarized color copies of my passport for free, we took care of the VHS tape on the second floor of the Shamain hotel (25 minutes long). Yesterday they took the requested material and her passport, telling her to return today. Today the give her back the passport, along with a yellow "ineligible form" with the message outlined above. Anyone know what is going on?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.. Moon... hmm what the heck is that? I have never heard of it..

Did you try the 2pm session? for what it is worth the HK embassy refused to make copies of my passport, but that seems of little help or interest.

sigh sorry it is just daytime here.. in the morning or later tonight the USA crew should be on and hopefully better informed people..

Mark and Bea

Hey.. I think Darrell is at the Shaiman hotel.. just across from the white swan. Maybe you could pop in and hook up with him and his MM..

Also.. seems we are having a big group of people.. keeps growing by the hour, here in Shenzen..

Hop on the train just an hour's ride and join us.. we might not have any info but alot of support..:) and internet connection, phones etc.

PM me for phone numbers and other info.. I haven't heard from Darrell yet but figure I will run down to the train station and meet them there..

Mark and Bea

I ran into Darrel inside the consulate. Nice guy, did not win dinner because it was the day of the interview.

Right now the missus is sleeping. We are probably just going to lay low for now and marvel at the Dirk Diggler strap-on the consulate must have bought just for us. :)

Earlier this week I was instructing my MM in the proper use of the f-word.

Today she used it loud and clear, correct context and inflection.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

I'll bet on the f word.. and I understand. Sleep is most likely the best thing for her right now and a stiff drink...for you.

From what I am hearing there are about 29 couples here in SZ.. wow!??

Just ask and we will do what we can for you guys..I'll PM you with our numbers. I wish there was more I could offer you both..

Maybe make it a double no ice..

Mark and Bea

We got the yellow sheet also, In fact, we got it 2 times. Both times it said they needed additional time to prepare the documents. My wife had to go back to Nanning 2 times and wait for an additional interview to be scheduled. I don't know how long you are planning to be there, but you might be in for a long wait.

Patrick

What a pisser. Look at it this way. They threw several roadblocks at you expecting you to give up. You gave them everything they wanted - surprised the hell out of them. Now, they have to process everything that they didn't expect to have to process.

Have you learned the Chinese equivalent of the f word?

If all they issued is a yellow slip then I take it that is not a denial. Perhaps just additional processing? These VOs have gone mad with power. The increased number of blue slips lately is very alarming. Perhaps it is time to organize an email and letter campaign to the consulate and congressmen. These people have gone way beyond what is reasonable. Seems like it started about the time Bing and I had our troubles there and has been escalating ever since. Good luck moon I know you will prevail.

Moon,

I'm hoping they just have to look over the VHS and send the copy of your visa to somewhere close by. Seems like you guys aren't in that bad of shape, everything they requested has been given to them and probably they need time to look it all over. Hope it will all end in a week or so. Keep us updated. Your going to get your visa! There's nothing to worry about. A "rejection" is not an option for Candle members.

Unless there is something "legally" wrong with your case GZ must be hard pressed to deny. Give e'm what they want and they run out of reasons to say no...I am in disbelief that we can do nothing about the horrible service and treatment we are getting !

Guest Long_strider

Moon...

What a pain in the .......

After the long road of papers and patience, now the yellow road...

GZ staff have little appreciation of the long and torturous path that people endure by some of their whimical decision making.

I wish you and your mei mei smooth sailing...be persistent and assertive with them.

long_strider