I'm glad I got you to the 2nd floor SHanian Hotel people. BUT, you are right, the Consulate has you by the balls. There's nothing you can do.

IF you stay, there are several websites that list "jobs teaching English" - usually and apt. and a monthly stipend.

I am back here (in VA) now, let me know if I can help.

Jeff

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I got you to the 2nd floor SHanian Hotel people. BUT, you are right, the Consulate has you by the balls. There's nothing you can do.

IF you stay, there are several websites that list "jobs teaching English" - usually and apt. and a monthly stipend.

I am back here (in VA) now, let me know if I can help.

Jeff

Thank you for your most timely assistance! You were a lifesaver indeed. I regret I was not able to make it back to you in time to take you and your family out for dinner.

Today we took the train to SZ. Where it rained. All day. Still we enjoyed our time together under the umbrella, and I showed her my awesome DDR skills (Laugh if you like. It only LOOKS easy).

We have come to accept the cards fate has dealt us. Nothing to do but wait. I'll return to the USA to take care of some family business and we will play another round of wait and see.

Guest blsqueaky

Moon, sorry for not responding sooner, but from what I hage read, dayum, and I am sorry, and from your last reply, I am so happy that you have the right attitude, and I know that in my heart, you will beat this, and everything will be okay, and you will win against all odds. Hang in there, as I know that you are, and please keep us informed.

I ran into Darrel inside the consulate.  Nice guy, did not win dinner because it was the day of the interview. 

Right now the missus is sleeping.  We are probably just going to lay low for now and marvel at the Dirk Diggler strap-on the consulate must have bought just for us. :o

Earlier this week I was instructing my MM in the proper use of the f-word.

Today she used it loud and clear, correct context and inflection. 

;)  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Not me :D now new game in GZ who is the honky with the big nose.

My wife and I got yellow sheeted!  Told that "We require additional time to process your application.  We will advise you when to return to the consulate."  This is after being blue-sheeted for lack of a VHS tape (we provided) and a notarized copy of my passport (when I sent her into the interview with my actual passport).  The folks in citizen services were nice enough to make notarized color copies of my passport for free, we took care of the VHS tape on the second floor of the Shamain hotel (25 minutes long).  Yesterday they took the requested material and her passport, telling her to return today.   Today the give her back the passport, along with a yellow "ineligible form" with the message outlined above.  Anyone know what is going on?

this is bullshit, man. :( sorry to hear. hope it gets worked out quickly.

steve