Help me understand !!

Hi, I have been away for a while due to work schedule. I was online with Yueying today and she advised me of paperwork that is required for her P4 interview. Now, for clarification on this matter, she was told by a friend, not any government official, that I need to supply two documents. 1) Equity of Economy Assure 2)Proof of House Property. Frankly I am confused since I have already submitted to INS and weeks ago to Yueying in China, the INS forms for affidavit of support, finacial statement from my bank for INS, letter from employer verify employment. This was done with the initial fiance package and new updated ones for her by her request because she said that her forms required them. SO.............what is this #1 and #2 that I have written above? Is there something to this or is her friend just uninformed? I will be calling a woman in our state department this Monday who is in charge of these matters with our process ( I got the number from a friend who is in the government) or at least has the position to know the status and required steps to finish things up. But until then, is there anyone that has a clue to what is being asked here. This is fresh in my mind since it was just a few minutes ago that we talked and I took notes. I am confused and have no idea what to do but to start asking. Thank you all in advance to any advice and information that can be given.

Carey/Yueying

If you are K-1 and it appears you are and you are above the federal poverty guidelines you only need submit the affidavit of support I-134 notarized along with tax transcripts. Technically you only need one year but I would submit 3 years. You also need a letter from your employer stating length and nature (ie permanent or temporary) of your employment and bank statements for the last year. You will only need the stuff your MM is talking about if you don't have enough income and need to show assetts.

While we are on the subject of I-134, bank statements, and tax records, I just wanted some more clarification. I'll put my past 3 years of 1040s together for the I-134. Do I need to have the 1040s notarized? And on my bank statements, I use online banking, so will it be possible for me to submit bank statements that are printed out from my computer. I'm way, way, way above the minimum income level.

The only thing that needs to be notarized is the I-134. As far as bank statements go I imagine they might frown on printouts from the web. I didn't have mine either so I contacted my bank and they sent me transcripts. Also transcripts from the IRS are fine if not prefered and you wont need the W-2 at this stage. Save them for AOS.

Here is info from I134, However more can't hurt.

II. Supporting Evidence.

The sponsor must submit, in duplicate, evidence of income and resources, as appropriate.

A . Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you have deposits giving the following details regarding your account:

1. date account opened

2. total amount deposited for the past year

3. present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationery, showing:

1. date and nature of employment

2. salary paid

3. whether position is temporary or permanent

C. If self-employed:

1. copy of last income tax return filed, or

2. report of commercial rating concern

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Yep, you're right, 1040s were not designed to be notarized. But then again, from the government's perspective, i can get on my computer and type any fantastic 1040 I wish with my tax software and submit. How would they know if it is accurate? One would be a fool to do so but who knows what some people will do. Obviously if they are asking me to submit my 1040s then they cannot easily obtain this information from the IRS themselves. If they could they probably would not ask for the 1040s.

So, as mentioned by some on another Web site, it was felt that it might be better to have your tax accountat, who also happens to be a notary ( as most are), print out the 1040s for you, have you sign them, and then notarizes them...to give them a little more legitimacy. Anything can be notarized. Of course this all depends upon whether one has an accountant and how a**l retentive one wishes to be about it. One could also argue the government officer looking at these documents might be as a**l retentive as well. For me it is just a question. But the consensus from other's experience seems to be don't notarize that which is not demanded to be notarized. And being the Wildebeest that I am, I always just follow the rest of the herd.

After checking the IRS Web site I have decided to go the tax transcript route for the I-134 as recommened by Carl. The IRS claims they will mail them to you at no charge and you can request the previous three years of tax transcripts. If anyone is interested, you can either fill out and submit form 4506-T (downloadable as a PDF from the IRS Web site) or call 800-829-1040 and follow the prompts.

After checking the IRS Web site I have decided to go the tax transcript route for the I-134 as recommened by Carl.  The IRS claims they will mail them to you at no charge and you can request the previous three years of tax transcripts. If anyone is interested, you can either fill out and submit form 4506-T (downloadable as a PDF from the IRS Web site) or call 800-829-1040 and follow the prompts.

Thats what I did one government agancy would not question another..LOL

Make copies for you records send originals although once copied you can not really tell the differance as all are black and white :o ;) ;)

Hey Carl we Know bud!!

The 1040 can be notorized as a certified copy but notorize the W-2's instead as a certified copy. If you have a scanner print a page in word or whatever program and at the bottom of the page put a statement "This is a true copy of W-2 belonging to XXX XXX and then run your W2 through your scanner and set the page you typed the statement on in your printer and hit copy the W2 scans on that page and gives the notory a place to sign bring the original to the notory as proof. If you can do in color(if you have a color scanner) this is pretty impressive..

Mike

I want to thank everyone for they comments. I will write to Yueying and let her know what I have found out. I of course have submitted all the required info reference the bank, the deposits, employer letter. I make way above the poverty level and have no worries about that I will still make my phone call tomorrow for further clarification on these forms. Again, thank you.

Carey/Yueying