OK Groovey guys and dolls

I can. it was in 1960 and it was "wild one"by Bobby Rydell. the first concert (if you want to call it that) I ever went to was Bobby Darin at the Chicago stadium. teh MC was Danny thomas and i remember him saying "OK boys and girls remember to remain silent and in your seats"

The next concert I saw was Led Zepplin--I think I was told I liked it

I saw Led Zeppelin at the Filmore East. Second Billing to Iron Butterfly. It was their first appearance in the USA.

I saw many great concerts at the Filmore, but like Trigg. i needed somebody to remind me :P

My first concert was The Beach Boys and Four Seasons at the Long Island Arena

None of the above exist today.

Wow, now that is really impressive, awesome actually.

Hey Carl,

I think the first records bought for me were The Archies - Sugar, Sugar and The Jackson 5 Greatest Hits. I probably had my mom buy them for me. The first album I ever bought on my own was actually an 8 track of Eric Clapton's Slowhand.

1st concert was Waylon & Willie, Jessie Colter and Tompall Glaser, the Outlaw tour in Albequerque.

2nd concert was "The Great Southeastern Stoned Out Wrestling Champions" (actually the name on the ticket) there was nothing on the ticket about The Rolling Stones, but that's who it was for the "Some Girls" tour at Lakeland Civic Center in Florida.

We got to the concert about 5 mins before the warm-up band came on, we walked up to the front of the stage, about 20 ft away. During the intermission between bands, my buddy nudged me and nodded at a couple who were going at it. She had a long black skirt on and it was draped around them. Everyone just backed away and let them go.

When the lights dimmed, all you could see on the stage were the small red lights on the amps and then the red cherries of the cigarettes that floated through the air as the Keith and Ron walked on. The lights came up and I think the first song was "When The Whip Comes Down".

Still, of all the concerts I've ever seen, it remains the best.

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by the Tokens. Unfortunately, I couldn't play the record immediately since I forgot to also buy the 45 RPM insert for the record player. Anybody know what I'm talking about? :lol:

Which reminds me. I was driving my brother's kids one day, listening to the Beatles "White Album" on CD. My brother's daughter said that her dad also had this CD, but his was a lot bigger and was black. :blink:

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by the Tokens.  Unfortunately, I couldn't play the record immediately since I forgot to also buy the 45 RPM insert for the record player.  Anybody know what I'm talking about? :lol:

Which reminds me.  I was driving my brother's kids one day, listening to the Beatles "White Album" on CD.  My brother's daughter said that her dad also had this CD, but his was a lot bigger and was black. :blink:

Funny. I have a lot of those old big black CD's also. Yup, I know what you mean. It's the thingy that makes the big hole smaller like the 33 and 78 (yes I remember 78) RPM one.

My first was the first Animals album with Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (early 64). I remember the store I bought it in and I still have the big black CD! hehe

First concert (1965) was at the Palladium. Saw Buffalo Springfield, just after For What It's Worth was released. Jefferson Airplane, Moby Grape, Quicksilver Messenger Service and another band also played (5 bands!). It cost a whopping $3 and we had to hitchhike to Hollywood to get there.

Later moved to NYC and lived on E. 6th St, Greenwich Village, 1/2 block from the Fillmore East. Saw Hendrix (from the front row of the balcony), the Yardbirds (with Clapton), The Who, The Allman Brothers Band (with Duane and Greg And Dickey Betts) and many others. Even when I didn't have a ticket, I could stand outside and hear the show. For most of the concerts I saw, especially Hendrix, there was a solid cloud of smoke that rose up the two circular staircases leading to the balcony. Ahhh - the memories of the Fillmore East, one of the best rock venue's EVER!!!