Now she has gone to far!!

Trigg

Sawadee is correct. The UV rays do kill bacteria but so does bleach lol. Bing has no probem with the washer and dryer. Uses them every day without fail. . I am glad I bought a new one before she came but I fear this one won't last long with the amount of use it is getting. Amazingly my water bill hasn't gone up that much since she came considering the amount of laundry she does and her watering her garden. The shower curtain has been mastered so the sub floor in the bathroom is safe once again. I would advise you guys still waiting though to give up on the carpet and install hardwood or laminated flooring in the living room and bedrooms and put tile in the kitchen and bathroom. Other wise you will hear "carpet no clean, very dirty"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the ultraviolet radiation in the sunlight does kill some gem on the clothes, so we not only dry our clothes in the sun, we put our quilts and mattress(if necessary) in the sun regularly. And afterwards all of them have the good smell of sun, it makes me happy.

Thats my girl

OH BOY! Are you in trouble. Quilts outside on the patio to air in the sun-check

Undies hanging on the line to eat the sun-check

Clothes are to be washed and hung outside within 1 hour of taking them off-check

carpets mopped daily-check

My funny story is how my wife will clean the house before the cleaning lady comes. I also get a kick out of how she arranges the remotes in a nice neat line on the tea table.

Our cleaning lady use to scrub our BBQ, yup we got a BBQ here in Shanghai :lol: , but I told her that there is no need.

As for hanging cloth outside on the cloths line, yup we do that too. What is funny is when you drive around some of the older parts of Shanghai you will see cloths lines with a big ole pair of briefs and right next to it are fish hanging to dry. That's my favorite.

Actually here in Shanghai the newer apartments are banning people from hanging their cloths out side to dry. Most of these apartment have enclosed patios where the cloths are out of site.

-Tim

Another thing to add is..... Chinese clothes aren't "Pre-shrunk". If you wash and dry them by machine, they will be too small for her to wear.

I took all of the examples here at CFL and used them on my wife. I explained to her that in China, floors are made of concrete and so therefore it is ok to get water on the floor. I told her underneath all of this beautiful tile is a sheet of wood that would rot if water was left on the floor. She understood that and is very careful of not leaving water on the floor.

The thing about Chinese ladies is.... They run on "Ever-ready batteries", They just keep going and going. My wife is busier than a "One armed taxi cab driver with the crabs", But, when she crashes, she crashes hard. She lays down and is asleep in 5 minutes, and i mean sound asleep!

After 6 weeks here, The house is now her house. I cannot find anything where it once was. I am constantly asking her.... Darling, Where is my so and so? And, she produces it with ease. I love it though, My job is outside the house, but she is slowly encroaching on even this job. I have taught her how to use the riding lawn mower. I came home from work and the grass has been cut. Yea baby, break out the Budweiser, I don't have to cut grass today!

My life has definitly changed, and only for the better. I cannot think of one single instance where it has gotten worse.

oooops, The wife is calling me. Gotta go!

Patrick :o

Good stuff Patrick. Yea, my life has changed for the better too. Definatley like the enrgizer bunny--she never wears down. BUT, I can forget about her mowing the lawn. My mower has hydrostatic drive--kinda like automatic. She is to small to reach the peddle to puch forward but she can push the reverse peddle. She drove the mower one time---and backed it across the yard and into the neighbors house. Me thinks I'll drink my Bud AFTER I mow the yard.

After 6 weeks here, The house is now her house. I cannot find anything where it once was. I am constantly asking her.... Darling, Where is my so and so? And, she produces it with ease.

I can't find anything either Patrick but when I ask her where something of mine is she gives me this blank stare like "I don't know where you put it"

My loving Chinese wife was mopping the floor with all the zeal of a salaried worker at lunch time. Swish, swish, back and forth, to and fro. Yes, clean floors are a good thing--but sweetheart NOBODY and I mean NOBODY mops the carpet. Gheeeezz ya gotta love 'em don't ya.

Trigg, you've got to draw the line somewhere. When you see her mopping the front lawn, TAKE A STAND. :lol:

My loving Chinese wife was mopping the floor with all the zeal of a salaried worker at lunch time. Swish, swish, back and forth, to and fro. Yes, clean floors are a good thing--but sweetheart NOBODY and I mean NOBODY mops the carpet. Gheeeezz ya gotta love 'em don't ya.

Trigg, you've got to draw the line somewhere. When you see her mopping the front lawn, TAKE A STAND. :lol:

Frank, you don't know how close you are. When she first got here I looked outside and she was raking the mulch out of the flowerbed. You know how big my yard is. Can you picture her riding around backwards on the mower and running into the neighbors house? Or how 'bout the time she grabbed a Bee off her flowers and got stung?? She said she knew they stung but she didn't want it to hurt her flowers.

So, for her to mop the front yard would not at all surpise me. I'll draw the line when she starts polishing the street.

Last week we went to "Home People" and bought some flowers. She decided she wanted a pear tree we loaded one up and took it home. Now those of you from the Portland area will understand about the soil here. It is like digging rock. Hard pan clay that when baked by the sun this time of year is very difficult to dig. She decided she was going to plant this tree herself so off she went with her trusty hoe and shovel and proceeded to hack away at that hard pan clay. I let her go for a while but felt sorry for her and went out to the garden shed and brought out the little front tine tiller. She looked at me like I was crazy until she watched me hold it in one spot to break up the clay. I went down about 6 inches with the tines shoveled it out and went down some more until I had a hole big enough for the trees rootball. I think she learned a healthy respect for my power tools now lol,

And Now..... the REST of the story!

I was over at Bing & Carl's for dinner..... and its not just a pear, its an Asian pear ...

....but of course, why buy a tree just to plant??? If you buy a fruit tree it should have fruit on it right??

And Bing was kind enough to let me eat her Asian pears ..... even before the tree was planted !