Congratulations Larry!!!!! now is the hardest wait. At least it was for me. The time before interview was excrutiating. It is when it's almost over, crunch time and stress over what might go wrong. Prepare yourself as best you can and try to relax. Most obstacles can be overcome.

Meeting this wonderful woman-Meirong- and spending time in China with her and her family is THE MOST WONDERFUL EVENT IN MY 57 YEARS ON EARTH. I am in awe of this wonderful wife, and the wonder of what she has added to my life, and will add to my life in the future. I just hope I can give her back as much, or more, than she has given to me. For a person who has never been out of the US, to get a passport, visa, tickets to China-fly to Beijing with no forward ticket, spend the night in Beijing, not understand one word of Chinese, buy a ticket to Guilin, meet my BEAUTIFUL wife, meet her family that day, spend three weeks in China, finally get our marriage certificate, now to face the prospect of soon having my wife in our american home is such an awesome event. I know many of you all have experienced the same thing. I am so lucky!!!!!!!!!!

<You are dead on there Larry. Not a day goes by that I don't tell my wife how lucky I am to have her. Of course she always responds with "no lucky" but I think she likes it all the same. >

Your post brings back memories Carl. My wife speaks the same way-"No lucky". Sometimes when she makes me laugh she will say "no laugh me", or sometimes she will say "I worry you" instead of "I worry ABOUT you". She/they have such an endearing way of speaking. WE ARE SO LUCKY.

<You are dead on there Larry. Not a day goes by that I don't tell my wife how lucky I am to have her. Of course she always responds with "no lucky" but I think she likes it all the same. >

Your post brings back memories Carl.  My wife speaks the same way-"No lucky".  Sometimes when she makes me laugh she will say "no laugh me", or sometimes she will say "I worry you" instead of "I worry ABOUT you". She/they have such an endearing way of speaking. WE ARE SO LUCKY.

Yes we are. Congrats man.

Congratulations, it won't be long now. For those of us who are fortunate, lucky, and brave enough to explore new worlds, if we are lucky enough we end up blessed with charming, intelligent, passionate and lovely women to spend the rest of our lives with.

My wife has been in the US for 18 months now and she has adapted very well. I could not be more happier. So yes Larry we all went through the same process as you, with all the same misgivings.

Ain't life grande, what a wonderful adventure it has become!!