What Happens If She Needs To Go Home?

My upcoming trip to China was supposed to be a whirlwind tour from Nanning to QiQiHaer. Due to finances, it's just going to be to Nanning.

The reason we were going to QiQiHaer was to see her family, primarily, her mother. Mama is not in the best of health and ShuPing is afraid that if she comes to America, she won't be able to see mama again. She's afraid mama may die before she can come back.

My qestion is, once the visa is approved and she's here, would there be a problem with her returning to China to visit mama before she aquired a green card or at least permanent status?

If she gets her I-130 she can be out of the country for just less than 1 year and it will not effect her status.

With the I-129 I believe there is the advanceted Parole that needs to be filed. How long that takes... my guess forever..:P to get and what the restrictions on it are I don't know.

There are always trains and busses to travel by in China and it seems most people can find a deal one way or the other here.. best of luck..

Mark and Bea and baby

Mark,

Once she gets her visa, she has 6 months to leave China for USA. So maybe she can spend more time with her mom before moving to USA. Of course, you will have to wait longer for her to come. My gal waited 4 months before she left China.

Even if she gets AP, you don't know how long she will stay in China with her mom. So just let her come later.

Mark,

You are married. The K-3 visa is good for 2 years, and is a multiple re-entry visa. Your wife can travel back to China a dozen times a year if she wants.

The advanced parol is actually not necessary for this - although many get it anyway just to be on the safe side.

Dean - formerly from Arvada