what is the difference between GZ and DOS.

I was approved with NVC on July 2 and sent to GZ. Is it recomended that I should be calling or emailing anyone yet regarding P3?

I have read about GZ speedy replies.. LOL.

Any suggestions or advice.

thanks

Johns

what is the difference between GZ and DOS.  

I was approved with NVC on July 2 and sent to GZ.  Is it recomended that I  should be calling or emailing anyone yet regarding P3?

I have read about GZ speedy replies.. LOL.

Any suggestions or advice.

thanks

Johns

GZ is the US consulate in Guangzhou. DOS is the Department of State. GZ is within the DOS structure as Don points out. Unfortunately, GZ doesn't rate embassy status - think of it as a satellite office of the US embassy in Beijing.

Based on your post, I'll bet your files are in transit from the NVC to GZ. It may be time to find the DHL tracking number for your shipment. Se Leng and others can point you in the right direction on finding the tracking number. Using the tracking number, you can determine when the files were physically delivered to GZ. Unfortunately, physical delivery does not mean receipt. It will take a while before the folks at GZ wil enter the data into the system, but after about two weeks after delivery to GZ, it would be a good thing to start asking DOS (via telephone to DC) or GZ (via e-mail), if the files have be entered into the computer system. Chances are better that DOS will give you this information before GZ does.

If you call NVC and ask about the day it was sent to GZ.. Once you have that they ship DHL Call them and give them the Day it was shipped and address of NVC in NH plus zip and they can tell you when it was picked up and the traking number once you have that go to the DHL site and put the number in and you should have all the info. It usually takes less then a week to get there via DHL..If they sent say 5 packages that day the consulate diplomatic pouches will be picked up right away you will see this in the tracking info 2 or 3 are picked up right away the rest are held there until GZ wants them ours took just under 30 days to be picked up. And then everything went pretty Fast P3 was a couple of weeks later and P4 two weeks after that. You are on the downside.. GOOD LUCK