Driving lessons - second time around

Yesterday I signed up 6 hours of driving lessons for my wife. I gave up training her since she is too nervous at wheel. She already had 10 hours of training already last year by a bad teacher. Her old teacher told her that it takes 20 to 30 hours to get license. And he didn't teach her 3-point turn and parallel parking. This new school seems to be good. It trains teenage how to drive (driving education).

I still can't believe my wife has a hard time learning how to drive. She drove motorcycle in Nanning. I found out the driving permit in Massachusetts has an expiration date of 2 years. So she has 15 more months to get her license.

well, I know how my wife's driving lessons are going so I gotta ask you to tell me what states she will be driving in so I can avoid having both on the road in the same area at the same time. Mine drove a motor scooter in Zhanjiang for many years. It does not generalize into driving a car in the US. God help me(and anyone within 1,000 miles of Nashville) if she gets a license.

My wife adapted very well, she is a good driver just needs a little more training,I am most happy to say, U Turns need some work, but she does good :D One eye for this maybe I only have one open when she drives, I use four, I trust her, may God keep her safe

I have been lecturing and preaching to her about safety so much for a year now that she now lectures me like it was all her idea.  Hopefully if she can ever get her license she will have taken it all to heart and will be a good driver.

Robert,

Congrats on your 1000 posts.

I'm hoping it will be December, possibly January when ShuPing arrives so I can take her to an ice packed, vacant parking lot. I'll show her how to do 360's and fishtails.

Growing up in Florida, I never had the joy of wreckless abandon on an icy parking lot, but when I was about 13 my dad took me down a mud slick road through a marsh, to show me how to handle fish tailing and an out of control car. We were sliding all over this road/marsh, kicking up mud and muck 30' in the air behind us when we came up on a parked car. The four feet in the windshield of that car quickly turned into two heads and it didn't take them long to find somewhere else to be.

I can only hope to take ShuPing on such a ride.

My wife passed her road test here in Utah on the 2nd. attempt. The only instruction she had was from me. The only thing she had trouble with on the 1st. try was being aware of, and obeying raod signs (like School Zone signs). I had to go out of town for a few days recently, and she managed to get herself back a forth from work and other places with out any problems other than a few other drivers honking their horns at her for driving too slow, and not making a right turn on red.

My wife passed her road test here in Utah on the 2nd. attempt.  The only instruction she had was from me.  The only thing she had trouble with on the 1st. try was being aware of, and obeying raod signs (like School Zone signs).  I had to go out of town for a few days recently, and she managed to get herself back a forth from work and other places with out any problems other than a few  other drivers honking their horns at her for driving too slow, and not making a right turn on red.

Only the second try, that is great! I know a Chinese guy who finally passed it on the seventh attempt. That is very good the way she is so safety conscious. Let the speeders behind her just wait. She will get up to speed later on. We all need to be more courteous toward other drivers, otherwise the whole country is going to end up like Miami.

I am proud to say my wife got her license 6/2/03. So she has been driving for over one year and her driving has really improved so much.

She will drive pretty much anywhere or anytime, she really enjoys it. Now if I can just get her that Hummer she is interested in?????