• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats.... :)

I really think they make up most of their mind by the time the interview happens. This is only 95 percent though and I think they know what questions they will ask and how hard they make it.

Everything that will give them a good impression at the interview helps. You don't want the visa officer wondering if they made a mistake. You want them believing they did the right think.

Dress for success.

Again, Congrats,

Michael

Trigg!!

We're trying for June13th departure and then get home to New Orleans about June 14th but this early notice and tickets are expensive!! I gotta get home 2 months here!

Hello,Sam..Thanks again for your good work for sharing the details.

About cheaper air ticket, you might like to Check out this number: 020-81215332, it is from 001.com, I got a booking depature from Guangzhou Airport to Tempa(VIA Los Angel) costs only 4980+300(tax) yuan rmb which is equivalent to $660 Dollars..The airline is Delta Airline. I am not sure if this is the cheapest, but from what I know, the other offered info. for the same destination costs $1000 USD. So if you can let Nichola check it out, perhaps you can got a surprise price.

Congrats again,

SeaSame

Sesame!

Thanks so much for the information! Its always good to have more than one person to ask a price from!

Kim I can't wait to get home and see New Orleans! We may be up in Baton Rouge sometime. If your ever in New Orleans let us know so we can all meet. I always get jealous about these oregon guys having get togethers while us loners are left to wonder how the rest of our family is :D

Thanks again guys I hope its as fast and painless for everyone.

Nicola said the oath thing was kinda long and hard to read. I would think everyone had to read it. She said the paper was taped to the VO's window and it started something like:

I sincerely affirm that blah blah blah (Something like my information was true......she said the other words were easy as hell but the part of I sincerely affirm was hard to read. It ends with "this information is correct to the best of my knowledge)

She practiced in the waiting room while sitting down, before the interviews were open. She said there is another copy of the oath on the wall and it states that you have to read the oath before the interview. It was also written in Chinese so I would guess you can also read it in Chinese. I would teach the words sincerelyand.....these are not common speaking words.

Also.......(She is asking me to tell you guys this HAHA) She said she had to go to the interview window three times total. All she had to do was go inside the interview room and wait until they ask you to hand in your Hospital paper work and get your interview number (not window number but interview number), give your fingerprint to another window, and wait till a electronic screen shows your interview number which will then show your interview number. For example, the screen showed 1-11. She was first to be interviewed and had to go to window 11.

Congratulations Sam and Nicola. Best wishes for a prosperous and happy future. Thanks for sharing.

We've discussed what she should wear to her interview a few times within the last few months. She actually asked me if she should wear a blazer/dress suit. I actually told her to wear jeans and a blouse. Now, we'll have to discuss it some more. We have plenty of time to discuss it.

Congratulations again for getting the visa and for the young one on the way.

Congratulations Sam and Nicola!

Fantastic that everything went smoothly. Thanks for the great info about the interview, especially the "Dress for Success" suggestion. I was going to suggest that to Ling when she has her interview. You just reaffirm my thoughts on that matter. Now both of you get home and start working on the big family of yours. :unsure: