The end of the journey arrives!

Hello all,

Finally, 2 years and 11 days after receiving NOA 1, the journey is completed. MY WIFE RECEIVED HER GREEN CARD! Yes, I know that we still have to file to remove the conditions in two years, but that is just minor paperwork! We were not expecting this so soon, but there it was in today's mail. My wife had the biggest smile on her face for quite awhile, and spent about an hour just looking at this card examining every little detail about it, and asking all types of questions about the meaning of almost every word and letter on it. I didn't care, because I could look at her and tell how proud she felt. For all of you who have yet to reach this point, let me tell you that when you do, you will finally realize that all of the work, heartache, stress, and money that both of you put into this endeavour is all worthwhile when your wife is able to hold that card in her hand. Today my wife felt like she is finally free, something that is still a fairly foreign concept in her homeland. She knows now that if she wants to return to visit her country, or any other country, she can, and afterwards return to America, just as if it was her place of birth. And though technically she still cannot be called an American, now she feels as if she belongs here a little bit more than she did before. And guys (and gals), even though it was a long, hard road at times, and did not always seem fair, especially with all of the discussions about "rights for illegal aliens", let me tell you that because we accomplished all of this correctly and legally, it sure does feel good! And just like anything else that takes a lot of effort, sweat, and tears to accomplish, after you do so, you can stand back and take a look at the finished product, and say, "Wow, we finally did it, and damn it sure feels good!" I wonder how many people who are here illegally can feel that proud and that good about their status? As I look back on all that had to be done to reach this point, all of the paperwork, the travelling, the waiting, the tears, the frustration, the red tape, etc, everything seems so minor now that she has her Green Card. May I loudly exclaim to everyone on this forum, "IT IS WORTH IT!" For all of you still on this road, whether at the beginning, middle, or nearing the end, don't ever lose sight of the fact that this road has a destination, and that if you persevere, together you both will one day reach it. Maybe not as soon as some, or faster than others, but you will reach it nevertheless. And just as a reminder, remember that no matter what your current point on this road is, while it is is important not to lose sight of the finish line, it is equally important to never, ever forget to live each and every day to its fullest and love each other with all of your hearts! GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS TO ALL OF YOU AT CANDLE!

Hello all,

Finally, 2 years and 11 days after receiving NOA 1, the journey is completed.  MY WIFE RECEIVED HER GREEN CARD!  Yes, I know that we still have to file to remove the conditions in two years, but that is just minor paperwork!  We were not expecting this so soon, but there it was in today's mail.  My wife had the biggest smile on her face for quite awhile, and spent about an hour just looking at this card examining every little detail about it, and asking all types of questions about the meaning of almost every word and letter on it.  I didn't care, because I could look at her and tell how proud she felt.  For all of you who have yet to reach this point, let me tell you that when you do, you will finally realize that all of the work, heartache, stress, and money that both of you put into this endeavour is all worthwhile when your wife is able to hold that card in her hand.  Today my wife felt like she is finally free, something that is still a fairly foreign concept in her homeland.  She knows now that if she wants to return to visit her country, or any other country, she can, and afterwards return to America, just as if it was her place of birth.  And though technically she still cannot be called an American, now she feels as if she belongs here a little bit more than she did before.  And guys (and gals), even though it was a long, hard road at times, and did not always seem fair, especially with all of the discussions about "rights for illegal aliens", let me tell you that because we accomplished all of this correctly and legally, it sure does feel good!  And just like anything else that takes a lot of effort, sweat, and tears to accomplish, after you do so, you can stand back and take a look at the finished product, and say, "Wow, we finally did it, and damn it sure feels good!"  I wonder how many people who are here illegally can feel that proud and that good about their status?  As I look back on all that had to be done to reach this point, all of the paperwork, the travelling, the waiting, the tears, the frustration, the red tape, etc, everything seems so minor now that she has her Green Card.  May I loudly exclaim to everyone on this forum, "IT IS WORTH IT!"  For all of you still on this road, whether at the beginning, middle, or nearing the end, don't ever lose sight of the fact that this road has a destination, and that if you persevere, together you both will one day reach it.  Maybe not as soon as some, or faster than others, but you will reach it nevertheless.  And just as a reminder, remember that no matter what your current point on this road is, while it is is important not to lose sight of the finish line, it is equally important to never, ever forget to live each and every day to its fullest and love each other with all of your hearts!  GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS TO ALL OF YOU AT CANDLE!

Very well stated---and a huge congrats to you!!!!1

Congrats Carl. It is always good news to hear when one of the old timers around here have crossed a major milestone. :rolleyes:

Alas, as for us, we received 1st NOA 31 months ago and still no sign of an AOS interview. :D

But, with the new baby, we have more important things to worry about I guess.

Again, congrats and best wishes.