P4P4P4P4!!!!!!!!! Insane

Ahhhhhhh  the P4 wait.  Since I'm here in China and not far from GZ i'm going to go the the consolate next week and ask them in person.  I promise to post what if anything they say.  I was also hoping for a mid June interview but now it seems more like a late August!

The info session at GZ is on Thursday at 1:30 pm. It takes them about 2 hours to get you into the building though. It is informative but be aware that they will not discuss your specific case with you. Try to phrase any questions you may have in a general manner to get any answers.

here is an email i received from GZ last week

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your inquiry. The subject mentioned case is about to be

scheduled for a visa interview. Once we schedule the case, we will mail

an

appointment packet to the applicant. Due to the huge number of

applicant, it

may take a few months to schedule.

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

we received the same email last month

resp

P4 scheduling seems to be done in batches. If your P3 arrived just after the last batch of P4s went out, chances are that you will have to wait a bit longer. We waited about seven weeks between the time GZ acknowledged receipt of our P3 and the mailing of the P4.

Add the May holidays to the pot, and 2 months, while a long time, is probably not cause for alarm.

I wish I were in some of your shoes now. Waiting for the P-4. My wife is getting frustrated waiting for the NOA-2. I myself have given into the thought of waiting. Most of you are way ahead of my timeline and I envy you. But I remember seeing alot of your post from the hey days telling everyone be patience things will happen. I remember I vented once about Noa -2 processing times and I got Sarcastic remarks from someone :rolleyes:.

Hopefully now that the 7 day holiday is over, things will pick up. It looked like they picked up some in MSC. Remember the Packets are shipped to Guangzhou by the Thousands and sometimes sit in Customs for a couple of days. But I still wish everyone luck. any one close to Nanning holler Hi to my wife Jiejun lol :lol:

I read on one of the sites that they accept emergency interview

appeals that are faxed to them. Has anyone tried this? Is it a

realistic thing to try? I have already sent one in earlier this

week from my congressmans office, I hope they listen to it and

it works. I have nothing to loose in trying, from what I see.

I wish I were in some of your shoes now. Waiting for the P-4. My wife is getting frustrated waiting for the NOA-2. I myself have given into the  thought of waiting. Most of you are way ahead of my timeline and I envy you. But I remember seeing alot of your post from the hey days telling everyone be patience things will happen. I remember I vented once about Noa -2 processing times and I got Sarcastic remarks from someone :rolleyes:.

Hopefully now that the 7 day holiday is over, things will pick up. It looked like they picked up some in MSC. Remember the Packets are shipped to Guangzhou by the Thousands and sometimes sit in Customs for a couple of days.  But I still wish everyone luck. any one close to Nanning holler Hi to my wife Jiejun    lol :lol:

Wayne,

The wait is hard on us all.

The truth is that everyone must baton down the hatches and wait it out. Yet, that doesn't make it any easier for anybody.

Perhaps the wait can be divided into "normal/expected" waits….. For example, 6 months at CSC. No amount of complaining will make a bit impact on a single case going through CSC. However, perhaps it will bring the problem to light and those following you might benefit (apparently TSC and NSC have improved, ever so slightly).

With people that are now up to 3 months waiting for the P4, it has now passed from the realm of "normal" to "excessive". Thus, perhaps the issue should be taken to your congressmen and anyone who might listen. Again, this may not affect your personal cases as much as those following you.

Unfortunately, the way our government seems to work. It is a bureaucratic nightmare. I've corresponded with congressional aides and senators aides. I've sent e-mails to Maura Harty, John Kerry, and even the President.

Nobody above the senator's aides will even acknowledge receipt of the letter. The aides will make an inquiry about individual cases. However, nobody seems willing to step back and say…. Hmmm, maybe all these inquiries are a sign of a real problem that needs to be fixed. If the wait for an interview to be scheduled averages 4 months less at HK, or any other embassy other than GZ…. Point it out.

If GZ starts taking walk-in appointments for Tourists, but is up to 6 months or more for K1/K3 processing, I think that is worthy of a complaint… Send it up the chain as high as it will go.

6 Months?

- 1-2 months P3

- 2-3 months P4

- 1-2 months interview

--------------------------

4-7 months in GZ :D

As far as patience…..

Last week (May 12), I sent an e-mail to Moscow asking for a status update on my case in light of the e-mail from the FBI….. That has only been 4 days, but it still seems like an eternity waiting for a response.

----- Clifford ------

Guest the burning candle

I really dont know what they are doing with our case?Why p4 is stuck since the mid march?I've posted a thread about anyone who got their interview date in june, there was only one girl whose interview date was June second,and the others.....???5t seems they are still sending out p4s...but where the hell is my p4?What else do they have to do about our case...???Its been 2 months since i got my p3,and how much longer should we wait for the stupid p4..????I'm not expecting for the interview in the late August...that is really messed up!!I really do want to go to the GZ consulate and ask them what's going on with our case....!!How can i be pateint since we've been waited for the visa for a year and there is still no interview date yet...!!!This is ridiculous!!

The VO is in vacation in june..???Why?they already had a holiday and they are going to have another one month vacation...??I cant believe this!They should also consider those applicat's feeling...we are also human being,we also want to move forward in our life...but since we are waiting for the visa forever,we are stuck in here....!!Please treat us like human being..ok?

Where the hell is P4??Send it out!!!!!

yes this is ridiculous!

GZ ARE YOU READING THIS? DO YOU EVER CHECK THESE BOARDS? THIS IS DISGRACESFUL!

CAN YOU SEE HOW HORRIBLY YOU ARE SERVING THE PUBLIC? HOW UPSET YOU MAKE PEOPLE?

KEEP THIS THREAD GOING SO THEY CAN SEE THE EFFECTS OF THEIR WORK.

The worst part is that they will actually hide the facts from the people who are waiting.

Guest the burning candle

I only want the freaking P4 now!Getting tired of this!GZ is watching people who post here and 001 also.I want them to see this!!!!

GZ ARE YOU READING THIS? DO YOU EVER CHECK THESE BOARDS? THIS IS DISGRACESFUL

They aren't reading this. They don't know how to read, nor do they care.

You can add my name to the P4 wait tho it hasn't been as long as some of yours. Only 3 weeks or so. But we originally filed Feb 2003.

Hi..:ph34r:

we are the same month also..but a I-130 which is a CR1 visa our effective date is Feb 6, 2003 and we were cleared at NVC on April 6/ 2004.

So like you waiting on our P4.. keep us posted and here's to both showing up at GZ on the same day!..;)

Mark and Bea

Guest the burning candle

Keep this thread going,I want them to see!We also have rights to know whats going on in GZ?And why they delay our case!I cant just let them treat us like piece of shit!