Could something possibly be happening????

I got an E-Mail from the FBI today ;) :unsure:

Dear Mr. Clifford Keele:

This is in reference to your facsimile dated April 22, 2004, concerning the visa status of your wife, Irina [....].  The FBI completed a record check for Irina on May 7, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the Department of State.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy

Well,

I checked the interview list.... Still no interview scheduled.

I tried calling DOS when I saw the e-mail, but they are closed, so I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning.

Of course, the FBI got the Fiancee / wife thing mixed up.... But, they are the FBI afterall, you wouldn't think that they could keep the details straight.

So, I am just wondering.... Could this possibly be IT?

---- Clifford -----

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Clifford!!!! How great it must feel to finally get some kind of news on your case. I know it's not the news you wanted, but any news at this point is good news ;)

Actually, I have a hunch that this just might be the logjam that has been holding everything up for so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I think you should start getting ready for more updates on your case!!! :unsure:

Oh, one other thing ... that is strange that they are referring to her as your wife. Obviously the feds goofed up at some point along the line. Perhaps that expains the reason(s) why your case got all fouled up. Although now I suppose it might be a challenge to inform (convince?) them that you and Irina are not married, and that they are the ones that goofed up. But nonetheless, at least now it sounds as if your case is back in the spotlight!

Or, maybe that FBI guy made a simple and honest typo by typing 'wife' instead of 'fiance'???

Ya know since it refers to your fax on Apr 22 I am thinking somebody said :unsure: OH SHIT and magically found your packet in the "Additional processing" pile, but either way it sounds like good news, it at least is a positive response. I would take that letter and frame it.

Congrats, Clifford! This shows that the case is not 'lost' and definitely makes a big difference. It would be interesting to wait a few days, to let the case work its way over to DoS, and ping the DoS folks to see what the new status is. Hopefully it wouldn't still be stuck on FBI processing!

I have a number of cases that have had FBI name clearances completed back in mid-2003. FBI says it sent them to the DOS, but then the clearance info seems to jam up at DOS some place, since both the Guangzhou IV unit and the CIS office on refugee cases here say they have not received the clearance information.

If you think you are bogged down after several months I suggest you try to find out where the clearances are at DOS. I have been trying, but find it a bit hard from Guangzhou. IV people at the Consulate the usual unuseful, noncommital garbage If you learn anything please post it or send me a PM. Thanks.

Thank you for all of your encouraging words. I will let you know what I find out from my Call to DOS tomorrow morning.

Nobody has said which agency has caused my application to be stuck.... Sending a fax to the FBI was a shot in the dark, but they are the only agency that I know for sure has anything to do with the application process. Thus, I can't be certain that contacting them did anything useful (other than eliminating at least one agency from the list).

Irina is finishing up her school year in July so I am hoping for a mid-July interview date..... But, the spring is flying by and summer is just around the corner. If we don't get the interview scheduled soon, we'll miss another summer together.

----- Clifford ------

Damn Clifford, I have been reading your posts about the delays and I must say I was starting to think you were dead in the water, Now it appears that whatever beurocratic logjam that caused this terrible disaster has been broken. At least something is happening. If it moves a little, it isn't stuck anymore. Sounds like damn good news for you. I for one am glad to see it.