Daddy, It's Too Hot

I have noticed that the kids prefer to stay indoors after school, so I asked them why they're not getting out with their new friends. They said it was too hot. <_< This is coming from a family that grew up in Southern China where the temperatures are routinely in the 90's/100's during the height of the summer. It's only in the 80's in Atlanta now.

Come to find out that it's the sun. Seems that the smog in China is the reason - hot yes, but rarely direct sunlight. Sounds like I'm going to have to explain suntan lotions and SPF ratings. :lol:

I have noticed that the kids prefer to stay indoors after school, so I asked them why they're not getting out with their new friends.  They said it was too hot. :o This is coming from a family that grew up in Southern China where the temperatures are routinely in the 90's/100's during the height of the summer.  It's only in the 80's in Atlanta now.

Come to find out that it's the sun.  Seems that the smog in China is the reason - hot yes, but rarely direct sunlight.  Sounds like I'm going to have to explain suntan lotions and SPF ratings. :P

Good luck with the explaining Frank. Our wives are form the same city and I know how the sunphobia thing works. " But I no can go outside--too cold and to much sun" But ya gotta love em huh?

Reminds me of a joke my step-son told me.

Dad: "Son...you can go to the moon when you grow up."

Son: "I'll do better than that. I'll go to the sun!"

Dad: "Oh...it's too hot there."

Son: "Don't worry. I'll go at night."

Yes...my family hates the sun too. I got my them nice sunglasses to help cope (a Las Vegas necessity). They still hate bright days...but love blue skys. Sorry...it's a package deal. :greenblob:

I get the same thing here.. Its been in the early 90's for the past few days and she really complains when she leaves the house.

In my car, I use those folding sun-screens to keep my dash from getting bleached. Its gotten to the point where she'll take the shades and wall herself in when we drive.

The tricky bit is that she complains about the heat, won't open the window, and won't let me run the AC because it uses gas (and that costs money) :P

I feel all of your pain.

I have always had a convertible. My wife wants me to buy a welder. Why? She wants to weld the top up so I can't put it down any more.

I tried to compromise. Here - have an umbrella - I go to Virginia beach with the top down. Have now lost 2 umbrellas on I-64.

Dean