ALL VISAS are on hold!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But are visas on hold?

All the article I got says is that they shut down the phone

center due to overchargine. It was costing more to call the

consulant then to call america from there.

I belive they are still working on visas.

Though the DOS says they are way backed up.

I could be wrong, of course, would like more info if anybody has

some.

Thankyou

But are visas on hold?

All the article I got says is that they shut down the phone

center due to overchargine. It was costing more to call the

consulant then to call america from there.

I belive they are still working on visas.

Though the DOS says they are way backed up.

I could be wrong, of course, would like more info if anybody has

some.

Thankyou

But in the first paragraph it says,

"The Chinese government said Tuesday it had shut down a U.S. visa information center in Shanghai because of complaints of overcharging -- an action that means the American government is no longer scheduling visa interviews anywhere in China."

I says the Chinese gov't shut down the phone center but that the American gov't is no longer scheduling interviews anywhere...

This really creates a vacuum (sucks)!!!!!

It looks like all our cases are affected because no one is getting an interview scheduled!

GZ got my sweetie's P3 on March 15. The average time for her to receive her P4 has come and gone. It had been taking 3 to 6 weeks max to receive the P4.

It looks like no one sending a P3 in March (or April) has received any P4's!

It looks like all our cases are affected because no one is getting an interview scheduled!

GZ got my sweetie's P3 on March 15.  The average time for her to receive her P4 has come and gone.  It had been taking 3 to 6 weeks max to receive the P4.

As I understand it, the new visa info center has been shut down for less than a week.

I would say that it is premature to jump to any conclusions about the effects of the closure on K1-K4 applicants.

I believe before this hit the news, there were rumors that GZ had fallen behind in their P4 visa processing and interviews.

GZ got my sweetie's P3 on March 15.  The average time for her to receive her P4 has come and gone.  It had been taking 3 to 6 weeks max to receive the P4.

As I understand it, the new visa info center has been shut down for less than a week.

I would say that it is premature to jump to any conclusions about the effects of the closure on K1-K4 applicants.

I believe before this hit the news, there were rumors that GZ had fallen behind in their P4 visa processing and interviews.

Gosh! I hope you are right!!!!!!!!!

One good (good for us anyway) political thing I saw was that Bush didn't back an investigation on the Chinese economy.

That will be one less reason for some kind of political retaliation and might get things rolling again if there is some kind of Chinese backlash with the new fingerprinting!

I know that when you first read something like this a Panic rushes through your veins.

What I read in this is that the Visa Information Center is there for all other visa's and not K1 - K4. The K1 / K3 visa is governed by a completely different set of process and procedures. It doesn't make sense to have GZ call the Visa Center to set up an interview that they handle at their installation. :rolleyes:

I must agree with Donahso, keelec and Se_Lang. Everyone else that wants a visa to visit the U.S. must go through the Visa Information Center.

Relax! Everything is going to be OK! If something does blow up, then, as always, the CFL family will take action and get to the bottom of it.

Now every body Breath!

Bryan

GZ got my sweetie's P3 on March 15.  The average time for her to receive her P4 has come and gone.  It had been taking 3 to 6 weeks max to receive the P4.

Don't panic yet.

GZ has been sending out P4's during the first week of the month. If your P3 made it back on 3/15, you wouldn't have made the April mailing window. The next mailing window should be in a week or two. If you've cleared name check, you should be getting your P4 then.

If you want to know the status of your petition, you can call the DOS visa office. You can find out if you're cleared for interview from them.

GZ got my sweetie's P3 on March 15.  The average time for her to receive her P4 has come and gone.  It had been taking 3 to 6 weeks max to receive the P4.

Don't panic yet.

GZ has been sending out P4's during the first week of the month. If your P3 made it back on 3/15, you wouldn't have made the April mailing window. The next mailing window should be in a week or two. If you've cleared name check, you should be getting your P4 then.

If you want to know the status of your petition, you can call the DOS visa office. You can find out if you're cleared for interview from them.

Thanks for the info!

I hope you're right!

The news article may be leaving out information that pertains to us.

My sweetie does have her security clearance, just waiting on the P4.

I did call the DOS a couple days ago and they said our "case is pending" then the lady said we are just waiting for the appointment for the interview.

It looks like my wife should be one of the first ones to get a P4 when things start moving again. February P3's got their P4's and my wife mailed in her P3 in mid-March. I'll be sure to post it when it happens.

otter, take a deep breath.

feel better.

k - we just got our visa on the 16th approved. you just need to hang tight, i was in your situation, i thought only a few weeks, well, it took 8 weeks.

and, the consulate always says the same thing "pending" so its no big deal.

you've waited this long, so keep the faith. and don't go insane, i used to send alot of frustrated emails to the consulate, but it did not speed things up. you just have to wait and not let it get to you.

hopefully, our government will someday be able to actually do a better job and stop all of our nightmares, but till then, just love the one your waiting for.

No body on CFL in the K process has ever reported calling the visa center to schedule an interview. We wish we could have.

Another clue however is another post from King where he said he had accidently bumped into Mary Hutchins (not sure name) from the consulate who told him things were crazy there trying to sort out problems with the new fingerprinting equipment which came on line in GZ on Monday, Apr. 26.

Then factor in the thousands of calls a day that had been handed off to the new call center, and is back in their lap again.

Listen to the great ones: Donahso, Keelec, Le sang. Breath in. Breath out.

Count to ten in Chinese. Who knows. You may need the practice for a video.

I've now read on other websites that GZ is moving again with the P4s.

Of course now is the Chinese holiday so it will be a week before there is any real sign of this.

Talk is talk so I won't believe anything until I start to see March-sent P3s getting P4s.

I plan on giving the DOS a call again on Friday. I'm sure they will give a wealth of information!!! :huh: