Chinese word processing

My wife has a little collection of different applications that she uses to read and write Chinese on my w2k box at home. I'll try to get her to post a list here (as most of the apps are chinese, and as such, have chinese names). If you get the Chinese language packs for WIndows (which include chinese fonts) and some type of input system (IME says it will do it, but I've had no success with it) then you can use Word to create Chinese documents.

I have a machine with Windows NT 4.0 with the Chinese IME installed on it that I used to read e-mail she would send to me in chinese. I was able to cut-and-paste chinese characters from my web browser into word (that's how I was able to print out mailing labels so I could send her packages and letters when she lived in china :lol:). I'll try to remember to ask her tonight.

Ok, let's give this a try.. as far as what she uses, here's what she has to say:

ÄãÃÇ¿ÉÒÔÔÚÍøÉÏÏÂÔØÒ»¸öÎå±ÊÊäÈë·¨,Èç¹ûÄãÃÇûÓÐÖªµÀÔõÑùȥʹÓÃÎå±Ê,ÄãÃÇ¿ÉÒÔÏÂÔØÆ´ÒôÊäÈë·¨. try this: http://www.ime2000.com

Èç¹ûÄãÃÇÏëѧϰÖÐÎÄ»òÕßÓ¢ÎÄ,ÄãÃÇ¿ÉÒÔʹÓÃÒ»¸öÈí¼þ½Ð"½ðɽ´Ê°Ô 2002 ¹²Ïí°æ" Õâ¸öÈí¼þ¿ÉÒÔ½ÌÄãÔõÑùÈ¥¶ÁÒ»¸öÓ¢Îĵ¥´Ê, È»ºóÖ»ÒªÄãÊäÈëÒ»¸öÓ¢ÎÄÔÚÕâ¸öÈí¼þ,Ëü¾Í»á°ïÄã·­Òë³ÉÖÐÎÄ.´ó¼Ò²»·ÀÊÔÒ»ÏÂÕâ¸ö·½·¨. ³¢ÊÔ´ò¿ªÕâ¸ö: http://download.pchome.net/utility/dict/4871.html

±¾ÈËÏ£ÍûÕâЩÓÐЩ°ïÖú,Èç¹û´ó¼ÒÓиüºÃµÄÈí¼þ,¿ÉÒÔչʾ´ó¼Ò. :D

good luck!

If you have any questions, you can PM me -- in English or Chinese.. I can't read Chinese, but she can and I'll make sure she gets the message.

XP has the language input function in it . Just go to the control panel under regional languages and select the language tab. After you enable east asian languages click on details and add Chinese PRC. It will install an icon on the desktop that when you click on it and select Chinese , type in pin yin, Chinese characters come out.