CPC membership on the N-400

On 11/11/2023 at 1:59 AM, homerjay1011 said:

As an update, my wife had her interview in March and they just confirmed that in her case she just joined for school and that was that. Pretty quickly approved and had her naturalization as part of a big group in may.

Hi - same question -- did you bring evidence that the membership ended 10+ years ago like the old dues booklet, or just stated that more than 10 years had passed?

My spouse's interview is next week.  For her too, it was just a couple months membership during college, then no more contact, meetings, dues, etc.  We weren't able to get any official PRC documents, so our only evidence is that she has been saying the same thing for 12+ years about the dates.  She even had disclosed this information before we met because she used to work at one of the U.S. consulates there and it was part of her security investigation.

On 12/2/2022 at 11:56 PM, lhp said:

The Mrs had her interview and the CPC membership did not keep her from getting approved for citizenship. So at least in our case being 10+ years removed from membership “worked” for getting citizenship. 

The interviewer asked how long she was a member, if she held any positions/titles in the party, and if she stayed involved after she stopped paying dues.

same question - sorry of this is spammy, I couldn't figure out how to tag multiple posters --

did you submit documents proving membership ended 10 years ago, or just stated that?

5 hours ago, shine2 said:

Hi, may I ask -- did you have documentary evidence of termination?  Or it was just based on your wife's statement?

Thanks!

She wrote a letter with her original I-485 application that explained the situation (she only joined for work, never actually used any of the benefits, stopped paying dues in 2014, formally quit in 2017). She re-submitted the same exact letter with her N400 application. So basically they took her word for it.

I know you quoted Martin, but I can answer from our experience.

We prepared a letter/statement which we provided in the initial N-400 application. It was a modified version of the one that we submitted with every other application in this journey.  We didn't provide documentary evidence.

The statement we prepared was based on one we found on here somewhere. I'll see if I can find and link it for you.

Her membership was actually less than 10 years ago. I want to say 6 or 7 years before her application

Edited by homerjay1011 (see edit history)
13 hours ago, homerjay1011 said:

I know you quoted Martin, but I can answer from our experience.

We prepared a letter/statement which we provided in the initial N-400 application. It was a modified version of the one that we submitted with every other application in this journey.  We didn't provide documentary evidence.

The statement we prepared was based on one we found on here somewhere. I'll see if I can find and link it for you.

Her membership was actually less than 10 years ago. I want to say 6 or 7 years before her application

Again, though, it's the USCIS official that you're up against. Perhaps a lawyer who is WELL versed in the local immigration court can help you manuever - that is what is needed in her case. Perhaps the lawyer can help you get a new immigrations officer, or even help with a court appearance.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)