Any news on travel to china?

Just wondering if there's anything new about travel to China. They said me wanting to go to Chengdu to help care for my mother and father-in-law 93 and 84 was not enough nor that I was an immediate family member being married to my wife who is a Chinese national citizen. But in their writing say a spouse IS an immediate family member. Anything new? Thanks!

55 minutes ago, mahko said:

Yep...I just have a Q visa but issued before 3/2020. We had just heard from a friend in the government over there that he had heard they were starting to allow some Q visas again.

I've been hearing these rumors since April 2020...  I belong to a China visa group and it's only gotten harder to get in on a work visa. Many provinces have stopped issuing PU letters needed for the Z visa, or have restricted the types of employers that can apply for one. Not sure about family-related or emergency visas, but I haven't seen too many success stories. You could also re-apply and hopefully get a different consular officer who would make the exception and interpret "immediate family" in a different way. Good luck!

My guess is that if you want to go to China within the next year or so, you will need to try out for the Olympics.

Even there, they may keep all athletes in a bubble, and allow no foreign spectators.

Yes, good luck (no sarcasm intended here). It will pretty much depend on the COVID situation in the rest of the world.

A very sad situation for everyone who is separated from their loved ones.