Health insurance for daughter

Hi, Our daughter, Chinese national, green card and student in San Francisco, is in need of reasonably priced health insurance for while she is here. Has anyone had experience with this? I would think there might be programs that would take everything into consideration i.e. woman, minority, student. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Hi, Our daughter, Chinese national, green card and student in San Francisco, is in need of reasonably priced health insurance for while she is here. Has anyone had experience with this? I would think there might be programs that would take everything into consideration i.e. woman, minority, student. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

How long has she been in the US?

Can she get on your insurance or your spouse's plan? Usually you have 30-60 days after a "qualifying event" to add them to an existing plan or get them onto an ACA plan. Immigration is a qualifying event, at least it was when my stepdaughter moved to the US. Otherwise you'll have to wait until open enrollment later this year. Back when I was in college we also had the option of buying an insurance plan through the university, but I recall it being pretty expensive.

Oh and good luck taking advantage of any "minority" programs in the US as an Asian....