Official Statement of Being Alive in the USA

Catherineli

I'm a beginner learning to plant some vegetables. I don't have enough English and enough knowledge about plants. I only had two okra that enjoy the summer heat. I went to Home Depot and Lows, and walmart, to buy cabbage seeds in October, I was told that everything was sold out. I got nothing. So next early spring, I must take actions earlier.

Thank you Danb, for the gardening link. I appreciate it.

Never mind Guangxi, Huston, or Oklahoma, I just want to get some topic to activate our forum.

Too late here. have to hit the sack. BFN

I hope this helps -

When to Plant Vegetables in Oklahoma City, OK

On average, your frost-free growing season starts Apr 1 and ends Nov 3, totalling 216 days. You will find both Spring and Fall planting guides on this page.

Cole crops like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage can be direct seeded into your garden around February 19, assuming the ground can be worked, but it's better to start them indoors around January 22 and then transplant them into the garden around March 12. Do the same with lettuce and spinach.

You are better off with vegetable transplants. You CAN start your own indoors but the requirement for strong light will be too much as they start to get tall and you can lose them to wilt and damping off. You can direct seed carrot and lettuce: you get a better carrot (not forked) and lettuce has a short growing season (don't plant the seed deep ... it needs light). I think you can plant cucumber and zucchini seeds ... probably melons, too.

Cabbage has a long season and you should buy starter plants. Peppers need a longer season - buy starters.

With respect to fall or winter watering: don't encourage growth in plants that are going into dormancy. I mean, keep them alive until then, but shutting down for the winter is what they do.

Your county extension service might have some useful bulletins for gardening including telling you the last average date for a killing frost. Planting corn? Then you are a great friend to wildlife!

Hello Greg, Nice to meet you again. Thank you for your wonderful tips. I really need those.

Have a great day! Is your baby running fast now?

Randy and Danb thank you for the link when to plant vegetables. I have printed out the vegetable growing schedule. xiexie everyone!

Edited by Catherineli (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There are not many topics and experiences on the forum about the Life Certificate to prove someone alive.

I called the Chinese embassy several times. Each time they gave me different sayings. Some said that I must show up in person to the embassy to prove myself. Some says that I may notarize myself in my local area to prove that I'm alive. I turned to different notaries. None of them wants to witness me sign my name because my form from the embassy is in Chinese. I can't find English versions to show professional notaries. The easiest way for me is to go to the embassy in Houston. I can't drive that far. I have to fly but it's not a fun.

Life is practical. I am also considering whether I should sell my house in China. So I can pay off my mortgage in America. I can't make the decision where my future or old life should be. Comparing with many other Chinese women, I'm much luckier. My son gets his green card without any trouble.

However, I still feel the isolation in America. When playing uno card with American people, I can't laugh or enjoy the pleasure. I'm even depressed sometimes.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Sorry I'm whining.

I hear there is a software to prove overseas Chinese people alive. If you blink or wink your eyes, the software program online will automatically prove your life being vigorous. I'm looking for such an online program to prove myself. But where is it or how to do that????

What is the difference between wink and blink?

What is the difference between embassy and consulate??

I hear there is a software to prove overseas Chinese people alive. If you blink or wink your eyes, the software program online will automatically prove your life being vigorous. I'm looking for such an online program to prove myself. But where is it or how to do that????

What is the difference between wink and blink?

What is the difference between embassy and consulate??

You can do that here on CFL - just make regular posts. We'll vouch for you.

A wink is a message to someone else. From AHDictionary.com "To close and open the eyelid of one eye deliberately, as to convey a message, signal, or suggestion."

A blink is used to moisturize or clear the eyes - more of a reflexive action.

An embassy is almost always in the capitol of a country, for inter-governmental interactions.

A consulate is located elsewhere for the purpose of supporting businesses or tourism.

• Like 2