YEEEHAAAHHH!!!! We finally got our approval :lol: I checked online today and discovered that the petition had been approved Friday, but it just showed on the site this afternoon (it wasn't there this morning...)!!!

We are, as I'm sure you've guessed, elated!!! Now we wait for P3 and all that, but from what I've heard, the Hong Kong Consulate is pretty efficient. The only problem is, due to my work schedule, we won't be able to be married until around September.....we also will be having a traditional wedding reception in Hong Kong before I bring Lai here, and that takes time to plan for (invitations, etc.), so I probably won't be able to bring her home with me when I return from my visit in June; I'll have to go back for her when my job schedule allows at the end of the summer. But at least we are out of C"S"C hell, and will soon be able to set some dates

God speed to all still stuck at the "service" centers!!!!

Scott

Hey,

Congratulations for getting past the first step.

Wow, 9 or 10 months at CSC???? How frustrating. I wish you best of luck with the rest of the process.

How did you manage to get Lai a visa to come and visit?

I assume she returned to China after the visit. I know that this feeling is what makes so many things hard for all of us, but sometimes I wonder if it would have been better for her to just stay in the USA waiting for the AOS and green card.

Unfortunately the INS looks at every overstayed visa as something bad to be avoided. Thus, had you chosen to keep your fiancee in the USA, a hundred other chinese women would have been denied visas.

However, if they looked at the root cause of overstaying visas (in cases like this), it would show their own incompetence in making visas readily available through regular channels.

In my case, I would have loved for Irina to have been granted a 3 month tourist visa to come and visit, then return home to await the perminent visa. However, now knowing the frustration caused by an endless wait, I would NEVER send her back.

Anyway, I guess I am digressing. Best Wishes,

Clifford

Oh,

Unfortunately, you still have a long road ahead of you. It could go smoothly, or it could be filled with additional delays. As you mentioned, HK is supposed to be better than GZ. As a minimum, you still have 4-5 more months waiting for the interview (don't forget somewhere between 2 weeks and 2 months at the NVC (National Visa Center). I think NVC has been improving lately.

You can start making plans for a "wedding" in China or HK now.

However, you might want to wait to make plans for a wedding in the USA until after the interview is scheduled (or, perhaps after she gets off the jet).

For me, it has been nearly 10 months after the approval at Nebraska Service Center (NSC) and we still don't have an interview scheduled.

Patrick' s fiancee is a month post-interview, and they are still struggling to get a visa.

Anyway, I hope you have smooth sailing from now on.

----- Clifford ------

You're right, Hong Kong is very efficent after the packet gets to them. After NVC approval, you can count on it getting to the consulate in less than a week (no customs delay like in China). P3 will come about 2 weeks after and your P4 will probably arrive about 2 weeks after they recieve the P3 back from you. You can check the interview dates on the consulates website for Hong Kong, but she'll probably get the P4 letter first becuase they only update the interview dates once a month.

Our total time was about 8 months before the interview.

Oh,

Unfortunately, you still have a long road ahead of you.  It could go smoothly, or it could be filled with additional delays.  As you mentioned, HK is supposed to be better than GZ.  As a minimum, you still have 4-5 more months waiting for the interview (don't forget somewhere between 2 weeks and 2 months at the NVC (National Visa Center).  I think NVC has been improving lately.

You can start making plans for a "wedding" in China or HK now.

However, you might want to wait to make plans for a wedding in the USA until after the interview is scheduled (or, perhaps after she gets off the jet). 

For me, it has been nearly 10 months after the approval at Nebraska Service Center (NSC) and we still don't have an interview scheduled. 

Patrick' s fiancee is a month post-interview, and they are still struggling to get a visa.

Anyway, I hope you have smooth sailing from now on.

----- Clifford ------

I don't really think it will take that long, but in any case, we're not going to set the wedding date until we get the visa.

Scott