VISA APPROVED!

Hi everyone,

My wife had her interview yesterday and was approved. I want to first say thank you to everyone that helped along the way, especially this site and Randy who always provided information when I posted a question or situation here.

Just for anyone that is going through this process or is going to soon. Get your white books, it was the hardest part for us. The I864 was super simple if you just get the tax transcripts from the IRS website. Also, if your not sure CFL and visajorney will likely have the answer.

As for the interview, my wife was only asked for a picture of our child, which she provided. The man smiled and gave it back. He then asked if she had ever been to America before, which she said no. That was the entire interview, I think providing great evidence of a bona fide relationship during the I130 helped greatly.

Also, one more thing. My wife was extremely nervous and was thinking they were going to deny her for some reason, she was really doubtful before going. After the interview my wife said the people working there were very nice and that the process inside went very smoothly. DCF took us alittle less than 3 months and glad it was available, saved us alot of time.

Again, thank you and I'm very greatful my wife and daughter will be here soon.

Jeremy

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Great job, wonder if they are speeding things up to give Americans who live in China a chance to come home if they want to considering events of late.

DCF's have been supercharged to as little as six weeks from I-130 filing to interview for several years now.

There are still some Americans who CAN'T leave

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/49482-travel-advisory-from-us-dept-of-state/?p=640550

I don't think this guy is American, but last I heard, he was laying low and working to pay off his debt.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48071-serpentza-and-other-vloggers/?p=641332