Submitting documents to CITIC

Hello everyone,

My wifes DS260 was submitted a few days ago but now when she went to go submit documents at the closest CITIC bank they told her they could only send documents for a tourist visa...???? She had all the documents ready but they wouldnt help. First, is this because we have to register a pick up and delivery location? We simply tried a CITIC bank from the list to send the documents. I'm alittle confused at this point, any help is appreciated.

I'm not seeing anywhere where they differentiate between IV and NIV visas, as far as document drop-off. Make sure you're not looking at the Bank Locations list

IV Pre-interview Document Submission Cover Letter

Document Drop-Off Locations

http://ustraveldocs.com/cn/20170817%20IV%20Pre-interview%20Document%20Submission%20Cover%20Letter%20for%20Drop%20Off.pdf

• 2 months later...

I figured I'd chime in for those who run into this in the future. I too went to a CITIC on the list, and ran into the same trouble at first where they were confused on how to handle it, because like in your situation ,they said the had only seen tourist visas in the past, not immigrant visas. We assured them there is no difference, everyone is on the same step and it's going to the same office, but our papers will look different than the tourist visa handling. Eventually they understood and accepted the documents, and even got us a receipt to track it.

So, if you run into CITIC giving you a hard time, just assure them the handling is no different than any other US visa. The email you are required to print has a checklist of everything they asked for in English and Chinese, there is nothing missing from the packet of papers, so they don't need to worry about it.