Travel while watitng for I-751 NOA I-797??

When Rose traveled to China in March, the airlines were very specific about having the original document. She took a copy with her as well.

A question out of curiosity...the 797 doc that your wife received - did it extend her green card for 12 or 18 months? The first one Rose received was for 12 months, but about a month ago, we got another one that extended it for 18 months due to the long lead times in Removal of Conditions these days. i was just wondering f they are sending out the 18 month extensions as a matter of course for the first response now.

We received the 18 month extension. From what I have read, it is standard procedure now..... I'm just hoping they will waive the 2nd interview. I'm getting a bit tired being treated like a science experiment.

Edited by Bparks777 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

We submitted the I-751 on Oct 1st they received it Oct 3rd and got a text Oct 9th that they received it. We had not received the letter yet. I called them yesterday and was told that there is some glitch in there system for I-751 Was told a letter was sent to us Oct 22nd which we did not receive. The woman said since it was past the 30 days and we didn't receive the NOA 1 18 month extension letter that she would issue another. She then verified our mailing address and said we should get it 15 -30 days from now...hope to get it soon in Pa, they only issue driver licenses up to your expiration on green card which is in 6 weeks. The driver center says it take 4 weeks or longer to verify your extension to get a renewal on drivers licenses and then only for the 18 month period. Ouch wish they would figure this out $90 each time as well to get new licenses each time. Her job requires a valid licenses......

Thanks Warren...update , Received the NOA (I-797) today in the mail along with another letter saying I spoke with them on Nov 8th about not receiving my notice. It gives my wife an 18 month extension from the expiration date of her current green card...So tomorrow we are off to the drivers license center to renew her drivers license for another 18 months ^_^ .

• 1 month later...

I have seen horror stories where someone reschedules the biometric, but it did not take, and they trip a no show at the original appointed time causing all sorts of havoc with the pending petition or application.