What Happens When You Flush the Toilet on a Train?

Don't worry - on the old-style trains, it's recoverable - from the Shanghaiist

Woman manages to recover her iPhone after accidentally dropping it down toilet on train

It's a true miracle!

train-toilet.jpg

Miraculously, it turned out that all hope was not, in fact, lost. If Guo had been on one of China’s many bullet trains, then her phone would have been swimming with the feces inside a septic tank. Thankfully, she was instead riding on an old-school train, which conveniently deposits waste directly on the tracks.
With the help of the invaluable Find My Phone function, police were able to ascertain the iPhone’s general area and within two hours had located the device.

• Like 1

This old styled toilet reminds me of some Americans who don't know how to use the toilet. I wonder who has ever sit on the "ground"? LOL

My another American lady friend set a good example for me as a Christian in China. We were traveling to somewhere by an old-styled train. A bathroom sink was filled up with stools and shits. My friend went in and squatted down by the toilet. She pushed all the dirty stuff by her hand to make the sink clear! At the time I thought every Christian should do this but I have never done it. I'm not a good Christian LOL

• Like 2

Catherinrli, I have one for you too. It was the last time that I was in Beijing visiting the in-laws. They had just gotten the bullet train finished from Beijing to Tianjin. The only problem it would not work. After working on it for two months they had no choice but to send a limousine out to pick up father n law to get it going. In less than two weeks he had it going. So rightfully so they had a BIG party in his honor. Of course, he had a little to much to drink. Just as soon as he got home he puked in the kitchen sink. I don't mean just a little either after all the party festivities, eating and drinking all afternoon. Well it stopped the darn thing up and mother n law was not at home and Liren certainly was not going to unstop it sooooo there was only me left. Nothing in the house to use like a plunger or anything so I rolled my sleeves up and dove in and unstopped the sink. It must have been at least 6" deep. But believe me, after being a firefighter for 25 years I have had my hands in MUCH more terrible things than that. Think dead rotten people. Or burned to a crisp people.

I was the family hero after that day.

Liren ask me when she first got here when she had a sick stomach where she should go if she had to. She ask me if it was in the sink and I told her HECK no go to the toilet. She didn't like it so I told her if she went in the sink and stopped it up guess who was going to clean it. Problem solved.

• Like 2

LOL, Mr. Hero Amberjack, you're my second Christian friend!! Did you push down by naked hand or you had some sort of paper to use? My lady friend took use of a piece of paper to push down the toilet treasures lol. You know that there was not toilet paper in the train toilet years ago.

Randy, I'm learning a new expression "WWJD"? Do other people understand it at other occasions? Xiexie Randy! Zhou mo yukuai!

• Like 1

LOL, Mr. Hero Amberjack, you're my second Christian friend!! Did you push down by naked hand or you had some sort of paper to use? My lady friend took use of a piece of paper to push down the toilet treasures lol. You know that there was not toilet paper in the train toilet years ago.

Randy, I'm learning a new expression "WWJD"? Do other people understand it at other occasions? Xiexie Randy! Zhou mo yukuai!

It goes back to the 90's, but I think there are still a few people around who would understand it.

• Like 1