Will Chrysler survive?

Makes no mention of Dodge, which still offeres several hot models, and utility vehicles.

Yes Chrysler as a brand is in sad state, as a company they died when they merged with Daimler and then eventually sold to FCA.

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/could-chrysler-be-killed-this-friday/ar-AAy2mSb?ocid=spartanntp

My Dad owned a Chrysler Imperial with a 440 cubic inch engine (that I once drove over 120 mph). I have never owned one.

Yep, sad to see another American model go down the drain. Some of those 440's were hot. I rebuilt a brand new one when I was in the service so this rich kid could go faster and he did too. Even faster than my Mustang.

• Like 1

I had a '70 Barracuda, hot purple, with a 383 that was upgraded with twin four barrels. That beast could move, but I swear it could be measured in gallons per mile rather than miles per gallon. :rotfl:

• Like 3

I believe Fiat failed to market Chrysler properly.... and Fiat has also failed to market Fiat's properly...There are not many Fiats on the road here in Florida because at $24,000 for a small Fiat, the price is the same as it is for a Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, Sonata, Altima, Malibu, Fusion, or any other full size family sedan. Not sure that Fiat could compete at $20,000 with smaller sedans like Corolla, Civic, Mazda 3, Elantra, Sentra, Cruze, Focus or any other mid size sedan either.

Priced at $17,000 though a Fiat would likely sell pretty well...but at $24,000 most of my friends who looked at them felt that they are way overpriced for what you get

--------------

Here's how to market a Chrysler...even if it is "made up".....

• Like 1

Fiat seems to do ok here in Las Vegas, judging by what I see out on the roads. They do not seem to advertise a whole lot though. I thought about looking into getting one based on gas mileage, but went with a Prius instead. Before retiring at the beginning of this year I was driving 70 miles round trip so something fuel efficient was needed.

Fiat seems to do ok here in Las Vegas, judging by what I see out on the roads. They do not seem to advertise a whole lot though. I thought about looking into getting one based on gas mileage, but went with a Prius instead. Before retiring at the beginning of this year I was driving 70 miles round trip so something fuel efficient was needed.

Here on the east coast where I live (NC), I may see a Fiat perhaps once a month. Maybe I'm just not looking good enough.

Commercial for when they returned to the North American market.

I do see many of them around my home in Western NY State.

Here is Jay Leno's review of the Abarth

For a very small car, at 25 mpg city and 33 mpg highway Fiat 500 can't come close to the much larger Camry, Accord and Sonata which all get 3-4 mpg better, have better safety records and all of which cost slightly less with similar options. Ditto for Corolla, Accord and Elantra at a more substantial (10 to 15%) savings.

So unless I can't fit a full sized car in my garage, or I get a discount on Fiat because my Italian cousin has mob connections, the reason to buy one over another car eludes me.

It's better than a Smart Car but a Smart Car has 16,000 price tag going for it (and not much else IMO)

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...