removing conditions process time extended

WOW! :sosad: Bummer!

Rose and I are also in the process of getting the conditions removed....Sent in the I-751 and paperwork in January.

I was getting ready to make an Infopass appointment to see where things were. I still will, I think, in order to clear up how we will handle things when her 1-year extension runs out. I expect they'll just give another 1 year extension.

Rose and I are also in the process of getting the conditions removed....Sent in the I-751 and paperwork in January.

I was getting ready to make an Infopass appointment to see where things were. I still will, I think, in order to clear up how we will handle things when her 1-year extension runs out. I expect they'll just give another 1 year extension.

Yes, the letter serves as evidence of LPR status for a year, and if it goes longer, schedule an infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp which further extends status evidence.

If naturalization is desired can file the N-400 next January with or without the I-751 completed, doing so usually jump starts a stalled I-751.

• 1 month later...

Yes, the letter serves as evidence of LPR status for a year, and if it goes longer, schedule an infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp which further extends status evidence.

If naturalization is desired can file the N-400 next January with or without the I-751 completed, doing so usually jump starts a stalled I-751.

We are unable at the moment to file for the N-400. The Form I-797 which extended the date to 6/23/2018 has not been extended. The San Francisco office is no longer open for Infopass appointments. Sacramento is also closed. San Jose is still open, but it is nearly impossible to schedule an appointment. The I-551 stamp

My wife has therefore been notified by her employer that she will no longer be considered as able to legally work in the United States.

The I-751 does not need to be completed to file the N-400, only needs to show resident for 3 years. You can file the N-400 exactly 1 year after filing the I-751.

Doing this sometimes jumps a stalled I-751. My niece in law just filed her N-400 before her I-751 completes, she got her 10 year card shortly after filing for citizenship.

• 1 month later...

We got an InfoPass appointment for the last day her I-797 C Notice of Action was valid. They put into her new Chinese passport a ONE-year extension! Ironically, today, we got that 18-month I-797 extension letter, which of course only extended things for six months from the original I-797C Notice of Action. So we still have another 10 months or so.

On another side of things, our I-751 file was transferred from the California processing center to the Vermont processing center. Interestingly enough, today is the case report date for our filing date at the Vermont center. We have no idea what to expect at this point.

Edited by KevinNelson (see edit history)