Translation of Documents for K-1 Interview

I guess my question is. Is the white book detailing the details of her birth sufficient, if it's coming from her hukou or a birth certificate?

Would you mind linking to the "population Information Sheet" story?

I didn't even think wikipedia would have an article on it. Thanks!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48295-chinese-essential-documents-white-books/?p=626040

The notation on the Notarial Birth Certificate is 出生公证书, or chu sheng gong zheng shu, which is what you need to ask for at the Gong Zheng Chu, or 公证处. It will be produced from the information in the hukou, or Household Record. The chu sheng gong zheng shu is a statement by the notarial official as to the facts of the birth, and NOT a translation of an actual birth certificate.

If you simply use the hospital receipt, you may get a similar 公证书/gong zheng shu/white book - NOT a 出生公证书, or chu sheng gong zheng shu - UNLESS it IS actually a medical birth certificate.

A Gong Zheng Shu, or 公证书 white book for a medical birth certificate may have a different title, such as 出生医学证明公证书 (chu sheng yixue zheng ming gong zheng shu). I haven't seen a white book for one of these.