• 2 weeks later...

This guy can really cook. I didn't understand a darn word of it though. I sure would love to go there and get some of his food though. Did I see a very, very short clip of some chitlins? If I did I would have to forgo them. The only other thing was the squid. Were the guts still in them or were they taken out and a filling put back into them? Now I have cleaned a lot of squid for fishing and I can absolutely say that it is a terrible chore. At any rate, he is first rate and I absolutely love to cook outside.

• Like 1

on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cnliziqi/videos/2140414716079101/

李子柒 's channel on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoC47do520os_4DBMEFGg4A

李子柒

笔墨纸砚,中国的文房四宝!
随着书写时代的渐没,
这些代表中国传统文化的工艺离我们越来越远!
我们不需要每个人都会,
但愿很多人都还懂得和记得!

Ink Ink Paper Ink, China's treasures!
As the writing era is fading,
These crafts representing Chinese traditional culture are getting farther and farther from us!
We don't need everyone,
May many people still understand and remember!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Another view of the Zhangjiajie elevator from the People's Daily on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesDaily/videos/388454058659639/

People's Daily, China

Acrophobia alert! Check out the 326-meter-high Bailong elevator, world's highest outdoor elevator, in Zhangjiajie, Hunan Province

Randy the one just north of Beijing was kind of a disappointment to me. It is all newly cut stone and rebuilt over the original wall. Now just a little north of that one there is part of one that has not been restored and there is where I wanted to go. The one at Badaling (spelling) is just a big tourist attraction. They even have a tram up to the tallest part so I have read a long time ago after I went. If I had known that it was what it was I would never have gone. I would have had someone that knew where the unrestored one was and hired them to take me there. It is right much off the beaten path but is the real deal. Some good pictures of the original ones are.

"The Jinshanling section of the Great Wall is 10.5 km long[1] with 5 passes, 67 towers and 3 beacon towers. The initial section of the wall has been restored to original condition, but the condition of the wall deteriorates towards its natural state as it approaches Simatai. The entrance fee is 65 RMB. A cable car (40 RMB) has been constructed to take visitors to the highest point along the wall. There is an additional admission charge of 50 RMB to continue on to the Simatai section."

Ming's tomb was my greatest disappointment. Nothing but a large underground empty concrete bunker with two or three wooden chests in it. That is the way it was when I went at least.

My own pictures from Badaling and Mutianyu - Mutianyu is MUCH less crowded, but has even more of a "Finished by Home Depot" look. But at the top of the climb, the wall was roped off, since it was as yet unrestored. We did see a guy come from the other direction.

gallery_1846_464_106702.jpg

gallery_1846_464_283322.jpg